Some advive please?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Some advive please??

Well im in need of an engine rebuild or even a new engine at that.. Im lookin to eventrually procharge/supercarge it possibly when i find the engine, Does anyone kno where i could find a good deal on a crate motor that would fit nicly in a 2001 mustang gt? any help would be appreciated thanks!!

'I dont regret the things iv done... I regret the things I didnt do when I had the chance'
04 svt cobra
01' Gt- sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Whats the reason for a swap/rebuild? I would vote a rebuild, with stronger internals and aftermarket parts. The 2V's are rather capable, and now would be the perfect time to invest and make it your own.

2001 GT Mustang

Cheers!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thers a rod knockin really bad and i finally have the money to do some things to my car so i was thinking about a crate motor, with all the forged internals and whatnot but should i just rebuild what i got? or just get a nice brand new crate mabe get a procharger for it if the price is right haha

'I dont regret the things iv done... I regret the things I didnt do when I had the chance'
04 svt cobra
01' Gt- sold

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Check out DSS racing. They have just about everything you could ever want for your engine.

If your concerned about power, than just up the stroke and bore of the block. PP the heads, or replace them all together and top em off with some cams. Then you will have urself one fast 2V

2001 GT Mustang

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page