LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Long over-due post

Hey everyone, my name is Steve and I am posting on here today to rant along with something Bullitt5339 had stated awhile ago. As of recent weeks I have started to have more free time to be on here more often and have discovered a few people who like posting useless information that doesnt help anyone out at all. Not only have I seen it but I have also read some comments others like to post about people. Well I have several things I would like to say to try and get this site back to the way it was back in 2007 when I first joined. I joined because of the "GOOD" information people where able to provide and the fact that we all acted like each others family then. Now everyone has their own agenda which is, make others feel dumb and post as much as possible to make myself look better. I think personally that is a load of crap. Everyone on here joined for the same reasons, to help others and to get help.

A little bit of background information for those of you who do not know me. I worked on cars professionally for 7 years and quit only because I was held up at gun point at the "Hill-top" located on West Broad Street in Columbus Ohio one day after work. I am a former ASE certified mechanic in the following areas, Steering and Suspension, Electrical, Heating and A/C, Brakes, and Engine Repair. I also am a FORD certified mechanic gaining my experience from Bob-Boyd Lincoln Mercury also located in Columbus Ohio. I now work for Advance Auto Parts selling car parts to DIY customers and do a little bit of side work to help out some close friends and family. So one thing I definately have is some experience as well as paper to back it up.

I am by no means an expert and have questions of my own, but that is why we are here and the purpose of this site. To use our own personal knowledge to help others out. Lets get one thing straight though, without good people and good advice on this website we are just wasting everyones time who joins looking for help. If someone is wrong, call them on it, but dont put them down and make them feel like they are dumb. Msost older mechanics will tell you " I have forgotten more about cars then you will ever know". Maybe the person posting has honestly forgot, no reason to make them feel bad about it by putting them down.

My final comment for this long post is this. I also currently have a full working version of Alldata Repair and Mitchell on Demand as well as Mitchell Vintage. I plan on using as much of the information that is available to me to help others out with repair info or anything else that would be needed from that. If you have any comments please post them, any questions please pm me and ask them...

Thanks for your time and guys lets make AFM a good place we can all call "HOME"!!!

2003 Mustang GT Convertible 5 speed - Mostly stock 4.6... 455 rwhp and 573 ft/lbs torque. (SOLD due to divorce)

Currently working on Coyote Swap of a 2004 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

ppl giving out wrong information as well as ppl who dont research jack s*** it what has slowed this forum down. the same threads get posted weekly it seems like.

1990 mustang gt 5.0l, red, aod- its build time

2001 mustang gt lots of mods- sold
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorties2001gT View Post
ppl giving out wrong information as well as ppl who dont research jack s*** it what has slowed this forum down. the same threads get posted weekly it seems like.
I get more irritated with the "not searching" problem that we have, but honestly this forum is a LOT better then most forums..:goteam

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
It is definately alot better than most others but you guys are both right, not searching and not doing some homework about the problems is very annoying. Do you think we should hold a "class" on how to search and what GOOGLE is? Maybe it might help out some more.

2003 Mustang GT Convertible 5 speed - Mostly stock 4.6... 455 rwhp and 573 ft/lbs torque. (SOLD due to divorce)

Currently working on Coyote Swap of a 2004 GT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

^ Not a bad idea, but the tricky part is you still have to somehow make people read it and adhere to it. Between this and other forums, I've just gotten used to the weekly "should I get 3.73's or 4.10's?" and "which cai is best?" threads.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I think respect on this forum is better than most. Just go to SVT performance or Pirate 4x4 if you want to see abuse. We need to strive to provide accurate information. We also need to understand we have a huge divide between members age and knowledge base. Also there is a huge gap between users knowledge of their P.C.s. I can tell at times when a young member asked what some may consider a stupid question and I'm ok with that. I can also see when an older member posts a question with on obvious lack of knowledge on how to navigate the site. I'm ok with that as well. The key to determining good information on the misinformation superhighway is to look at an individual's body of work. There are some member's opinions I value when they respond. This is because I have been on here since 06.

Cruising the misinformation superhighway in a Terminator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page