Buying on Ebay a good idea? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Buying on Ebay a good idea?

I recently starting looking on Ebay for parts for my Mach I. Only thing is, I type in Mach I (Long Tube headers 03 Mach I) and everything comes back, "fits 03 mach I". If it says its made for a Cobra, will it fit the Mach I? or should I be looking at the GT? They have them both for 2v and 4v. I have the 4v but whats the difference in Headers? Forgive my ignorance, I am just beginning to dig in here, and I want to make sure I get the right part the first time lol. Also, who is a good manufacturer? I have seen Kooks, Pacesetter, and Brothers Performance. Kooks is a bit pricey even on Ebay. Anyway, enough rambling, any ideas on what I should be looking for and what to get? Thanks everyone.

2003 Mach I - Torch Red....... Absolutely NOTHING..... yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member

BBK sounds really nice. and if you buy from ebay make sure its a real picture I have had great luck on ebay. good luck
tyler

91 5.0 cobra clone, 3.73's,03tl heads,trick flow track heat intake,75mm tb and spacer bbk,bbk fuel rail and regulator,bbk cai and maf, cobra computer(X3Z),2 row radiator and blue hoses,5 lug swap, fr500 wheels,teal,hooker super comp long tubes, xpipe,40 series soon to be spintech pro streets,some tfs tw on the way along with comp cam.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011
PONY Member

Just be careful buying there make sure they are actual pics on there. i know summitracing uses ebay some i sure other manufactures do too. kooks is definately a good brand stay away from bbk and pacesetter though. ive bought and sold car parts on ebay and never had problems though

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra
Stiegemeier Stage 6 Ported Blower
2.76 upper / 4lb lower
K&N intake / LFP Throttle Body / Dragon Plenum

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011
PONY Member

and yes the headers work with both the cobra and mach 1 i do believe, the GT headers are 2v however and arent the same

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra
Stiegemeier Stage 6 Ported Blower
2.76 upper / 4lb lower
K&N intake / LFP Throttle Body / Dragon Plenum
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011
Apprentice

Garage
I love using Ebay to find parts, but you have to do your homework. I got my fuel filler neck from Tasca Ford off Ebay, and got it for 15 bucks cheaper than any online store! Its best if you have a part number, otherwise you'll be sifting through a lot of bull. It also helps to know which parts from other trim models fit too.

The thing I HATE most is going through all of Ebay's search features to "narrow" down the items to only things for a 2000 Ford Mustang, and get a million headlights, wheels, spoilers, and other shee-ite parts that are "universal" fit! I wish you could filter for original or OEM parts only

#ZombieCobra lives!!!

2000 Mustang GT, all black, was an auto - now has a 2004 GT engine with 5-speed (and maybe a cam?), BBK throttle body, SR CAI, BBK headers, BBK X-pipe, BAMA X4 tuned!

Body to be defined later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page