Question on Window Tint - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Question on Window Tint

Hey I was just wondering what you guys thought about me doing window tint on my bullitt.... do you think it would affect the overall value or make it less collectible

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
PONY Member

it makes the car look a heck of alot better.. if it does you can always take it off.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
Apprentice

Garage
It is easily removed....it will look great. Do it !

1965 A-code 289 4V, Auto,Silver Blue,Factory Styled steel wheels,Dealer installed GT options.

2006 Mustang GT, Vista Blue, 18" Bullitt wheels, SLP exhaust, Hurst equipped, 67' Shelby GT 350 style grill and tail spoiler, leather upholstery, Shaker 1000.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

ok what do you guys think would be a fair price to have a mustang done

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011
PONY Member

my mustang was 280 for 5% tint all way round. with not eyebrowl ;(. i think it cost me more for it being eligal
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011
Apprentice

Garage
easily removed if needed. makes car look cooler. do it.

um, i vote do it yourself, or pay for just back window, cuz its a big P in the A. but the side windows can be taken out and done on a table, super simple.

#ZombieCobra lives!!!

2000 Mustang GT, all black, was an auto - now has a 2004 GT engine with 5-speed (and maybe a cam?), BBK throttle body, SR CAI, BBK headers, BBK X-pipe, BAMA X4 tuned!

Body to be defined later...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishSkier View Post
easily removed if needed. makes car look cooler. do it.

um, i vote do it yourself, or pay for just back window, cuz its a big P in the A. but the side windows can be taken out and done on a table, super simple.
agreed the back window is a big pain in the a**

1996 GT 5-SPEED
PI SWAP Trick Flow 75mm TB/PL
BBK CAI, UDP, Mac Longtubes and offroad Prochamber SCT tuner
Seeda Triax Short Throw Shifter FR Aluminum Ds
3.73 Ford Racing gears
278rwhp/295rwtq 13.06 @ 104.02
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

well I got a quote to have it done for 115 to 120 so i am not even going to mess with it for that price

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

anyone have suggestions on what % tint I should get

PONY Member

i would get it done for that price. seems really cheap to me..maybe mine was 180. cant remember. but 5% is really dark at night. looks good thought and nobody can see you unless you have the sun hitting your from your windshield. 10 or 15% will look good too
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

anyone else have any comments... do the cops bother you with the tint that dark or do they pretty much leave you alone

PONY Member
4.6L Member

They might bother you a little more, but it all depends on where you live.
Apprentice
Classic Member
4.6L Member

I have 20% tint on my gt, and i have never got caught form the cops. But just check what the legal limit is and see if you want to do it or go darker
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I went ahead and got 20% I will post some pics in a new thread.... I am very pleased on the outcome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page