Does anyone else have this problem too - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Does anyone else have this problem too

I just bought a 1998 gt the other day and its the first mustang i have ever owned. Always wanted one and finally found a a pretty good deal in this one. But anyways is it just me or does every ricer with a "fartcan" think they have something? I have already had 6 of these things rev at me or try to race me within the week that ive had the car. I can almost bet that my gfs wiener dogs farts have more horsepower and torque than these things have. Is it just where im from or are there idiots with so called "big scary v-tecs" everywhere? If so i may be to scared to drive the stang anywhere anymore. NOT:nogrinner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Na your not the only one. It happens to me all the time. I never try to provoke anything they always start it. They are always doing their gay ass fly byes that just sound horrible with their massive fart cannon. And trust me it will happen more and more if you mod your exhaust and make your stang sound louder or if you already have it loud then thats why your getting these ricers trying to race you or fly real fast by you.

1996 Mustang GT (Sold to my brother to keep it in the Family)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
Apprentice

You're not the only one. Once you're in a 'Stang, you're a target for every ricer trying to prove something.

I gotta say, though, some of the ricers around here actually put up a fight, and I'm in an '04 GT. :/

2003 Mustang GT
Mods: K&N Drop-In Air Filter

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
Rookie
4.6L Member

ive had the same problem...i also get dudes in their Crown Vic LTD's with the 5.0 that seem to think that's a fast car as well. i gave a dude in a Crown Vic a head start and was right next to him by the middle of the intersection
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

The car has true duals with no cats and some kind of off brand mufflers so its not to quite.Other than that its stock as far as know, for now anyways. I just think its funny those guys slap on one of those annoying mufflers and think it make it a race car. there are a couple of those vics running around here to and its sad that the s10 i had a couple years ago spanked one and it had a stock 4.3L. im sure there are a select few ricers out there that have their stuff together and are pretty quick but the "fast" ones around here only run in the mid 11s at the 1/8 mile dragstrip down the road.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

You'll get every clown in a ricer or a gay yellow Cobalt revving at you and driving like a jackass. Then there are (unfortunately) some retard Mustang owners who think they have to prove something.
Also (laughable) there are the midlife crisis balding wierdos that mess with you in their Miatas, and the teenagers driving their mom's mini-van or PT Cruisers that try to race too. It's retarded.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member

just so you know, alot of these 4 cylinders revving at you will beat a stock 98 gt all day long, its not always all about who has more cylinders now and days.

Red 1999 Cobra Vert:

316.6 rwhp @ 6093 rpms
318.1 rwtq @ 4489 rpms

On Just Bolt-Ons And Stock Exhaust Manifolds.

See Profile For Mods.......
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
Rookie

Just piont laugh & let em go don't waste your gas

Wife's car 01 V6 vert min. grey my 02gt vert zinc yellow, Comming soon 410s & sct tuner
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
PONY Member

YES it happens to all of us. Just last light on my way home from work a ricer in a scion tc with exhaust rims lowered a blue headlight and a red headlight did a fly by on me. I was getting on the high way and there he was again. He stepped on it as he turned onto the highway with his FWD, I wasn't going to go at it but he was challenging haha so I smashed it after I got straight and gave him a two car head start. Sadly it took me till 100 to catch him than I let off. Must have been the 176hp later year version. Damn rice!

1997 SVT Cobra. Mangaflow Off Road X, mils, Ford B Springs, Steeda Tri-ax

1997 GT Rio Red: PI intake, bbk cai, SCT tuner (Brenspeed tune), bbk catted x pipe, flowmaster super 44's, MSD coils, H&R lowering springs, M&M CC plates, tokiko shocks and struts. Sold.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1999cobra View Post
just so you know, alot of these 4 cylinders revving at you will beat a stock 98 gt all day long, its not always all about who has more cylinders now and days.
Exactly !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ponys View Post
Just piont laugh & let em go don't waste your gas

That makes them madder than beating them at a race.
GT Member
4.6L Member

ive seen a bone stock 95 honda civic hatchback 5 speed go down the 1/4 in a 14.9, its a 128hp 1.6l vtec engine. from what i know the 98 gt does a high 14 to a low 15 1/4 mile stock, correct me if im wrong. just trying to say, dont under estimate ricers, just cause it sounds like a weed eater doesnt mean it runs like one.

Red 1999 Cobra Vert:

316.6 rwhp @ 6093 rpms
318.1 rwtq @ 4489 rpms

On Just Bolt-Ons And Stock Exhaust Manifolds.

See Profile For Mods.......
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I don't have that problem with imports much anymore, just the occasional EVO or STi. I guess when you're always on big drag radials and skinnies, the lower level ricers get the hint.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

In the past yes but zero anything in my Cobra. Not even from other Mustangs or Camaro's or such. While driving the Lightning, I had a Mustang GT, S197, get on it a little beside me and a Dodge ram but i didn't try. Needed a tune anyways. Back when i was stationed at Tyndall, talk about everything on the street wanting to try my 95 Mustang GT.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
PONY Member
4.6L Member

haha I am going to fix that problem this summer with some 373 or 390's.... a good tune and some head/cam work.... my project now is the ultimate sleeper car... just hope its enough to keep up with them damn 350 chevy's

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
Apprentice

i get that all the time in my 02 gt. when i had my 02 z28 noting messed with me. only corvettes and a few cobras. once i would drop to third and nail it i was gone. a little over 430 hp and 420 tq to wheels ya it was not much of a race =) just laugh at them and keep driving. ill be driving back to cali soon in my stang i will probly get a lot or ricers but im just going to smile and wave =)

75mm throttle body & Upper plenum Bassani X pipe and SLP dumps. 3.73 gears. tri ax Short Shifter, custom diablo tune 78mm front sway bar and bbk strut tower brace roush shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page