What is the best place to look for new wheels and tires? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

What is the best place to look for new wheels and tires?

Looking to upgrade my wheels and tires on my 2003 gt. Any suggestions on where the best place or site to look? Been to American muscle and late model restore already. Google it and just seeing if you folks are familiar and trust certain websites and dealers with past experience. Thanks

2003 GT V8 with Flows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
PONY Member

american muscle is a good place, but since your from louisville and i'm only 30 minutes north of you, look on louisvilles craigslist, they have a pair of cobra's for 450 with decent tires or, offer me a price on my cobra r's...lol.

96 fobra. pi cams, pi intake, 4.10s, pro 5.0, and magnaflow.
the winner isn't the one with the fastest car, but the one who refuses to lose.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
Paj
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Do you have a rim and tire dealer around you? If so, check them out to see if there's anything you like. Check out the links to the dealers on the right of the page and you can check out these places too:

Mustang Aftermarket Wheels - StangMods

Ford Mustang Take-Off Wheels & Tires at Ninosport.com - Free Shipping!

Hope that helps!

Satin Silver 2002 GT
SMR #950

"Passions make men live, knowledge merely makes them last" - Chamfort

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Bought a set of black Bullitts with Sumitomos (as a package), center caps, and lug nuts from Late Model for my '02 and was very impressed with the whole process. I wanted a different (but close to equivalent) tire than the kit called for and they switched them in and matched the price for me. Give them a call, you actually get to talk to a person and they're great to deal with. They know their stuff regarding tech questions and are willing to work with you.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member

American Muscle has a big selection. They will even price match if you find them cheaper somewhere else.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TigerSN95guy
+1 to working with American Muscle... best company out there and shipping even on wheels and tires is FREE!! they have the best known customer support and chances are would swap tires on a tire/wheel package just like late model but do it at a better price with no doubt in my mind... i have looked on Late Model for a part, then went back to AM for the same exact part on more than a few occasions only to find that the AM part was cheaper and came with free shipping

American Muscle all the way without a doubt!

(unless of course buying used from craigslist) u get the best deals there, but deal with the chances of curb rash or someone who didnt clean them often enough and have stains from brake pad material like my wheels

2015 Mustang GT Premium with Track Pack (i think calling it the performance package was just dumb)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page