lowering kit for 03 mustang gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

lowering kit for 03 mustang gt

anyone have any good advice for a lowering kit for a 03 GT?

also im wanting some decent caster/camber plates... i know some wont let you align it properly...

another thing, im wantin a conversion kit for my headlights. I've been looking at these for a while, Raxiom Smoked Dual Halo Projector Mustang Headlights - LED (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com , anyone think of any "cons" for these?

with my kid on the way due late Nov.. obviously im lookin for a way to not sale it... hahahha so im still wantin to "build it" maybe make it a "show" car or something. . .

any advice is preciated....

-S

2003 Mustang GT Coupe
Custom Exhaust/ No mufflers...
4.6L V8
Fire Engine Red
ALWAYS SIDEWAYS__
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

How much do you want to drop? I have Eibach Sportlines which dropped it 2" (with isos installed), but I would also go as far as to recommend H&R SuperSport springs which are about the same drop as mine but lots of people prefer how they ride over Sportlines. Vogtland springs are supposed to be nice as well, I'm unsure about how much drop they offer. Both Eibach and H&R offer springs with less drop than the ones I mentioned.

For C/C plates, the only ones I have experience with are the Maximum Motorsports ones, but any others out there with a 4 bolt design like the Steeda ones should be cool. If you do a mild drop, say like no more than 1.5", you can likely get away without the C/C plates.

Headlights..... Just my own opinion, but Ford got something right for once with the stock housings, so if you're replacing because your stockers are cloudy or whatever then stick with a stock looking housing. The wierd Halo and Projector and various other styles out there just ain't for me. But, it is your car, so if you dig the ones you linked then I say go for it.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I would go with either Eibach sportlines, or H&R super sports. The super sports will drop you about a 1/4 more, but its arguably unnoticeable. As far as caster/camber plates go, stick with any suspension company and you won't go wrong. And as far as headlights, stick to Ford OEM. Anything else just looks like a teenagers audition for fast and the furious. If you really want new headlights go with the dark housing OEM cobra headlights AM has them cheap, and I think they are the classiest/cleanest headlight out there.

Smoked Mustang Headlights (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Black with saddle 1996 Mustang GT convertible. Manual. NPI, 2v 4.6L. Full bolt-ons.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Cool Lowering Kit Advice, Thanks a million

appreciate all the advice guys, I dunno bout the drop yet, im hopefully gonna slap some 18X9's on the front and 18X10's on the rear(with all the appropriate rubber all the way around), i like the aggresive stance it puts on it, obviously the 18 in rim are one in bigger than stock so the drop wouldn't be crazy

2nd'ly: HEADLIGHTS: i dunno Ive always liked the "halo" style, even before the "teenagers" trying out for "the fast and the furious" so that didn't sway me to them, i dunno, , , hopefully i wont have to sale and will still be able to one day get my car to where i want it,,, ill post more pic's when i eventually get to do all this..

-S

2003 Mustang GT Coupe
4.6L V8
Fire Engine Red
ALWAYS SIDEWAYS__
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I just put an Eibach Prokit and MM c/c plates on my '04. I couldn't be happier. Ended up with 1.7' drop all the way around. I'll attach a pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300698.jpg
Views:	28595
Size:	814.4 KB
ID:	127395  

2004 40th Anniversary Edition 5spd....
BBK X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 44's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates, K&N CAI, SCT Tuner
WORK IN PROGRESS.........
'03 COBRA COMING VERY SOON!!!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011
GT Member

I also used Eibach on my 96 GT and I love it has a much sportier look

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

3-bolt CC plates: 94-04 Mustang Billet Shark Caster Camber Plates

4-bolt CC plates (more work, but better mount): 94-04 Mustang 4 Bolt Steel Caster Camber Kit Black

Eibach Springs: 1979-2004 Ford Mustang V8 UPR Pro Series Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

BTW, you should also consider shocks & struts. UPR has the Strange 10-way adjustables and they're a good value.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
3-bolt CC plates: 94-04 Mustang Billet Shark Caster Camber Plates

4-bolt CC plates (more work, but better mount): 94-04 Mustang 4 Bolt Steel Caster Camber Kit Black

Eibach Springs: 1979-2004 Ford Mustang V8 UPR Pro Series Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

BTW, you should also consider shocks & struts. UPR has the Strange 10-way adjustables and they're a good value.

go mm on the cc plates

I am gonna swap my tokicos for stranges

1990 mustang gt 5.0l, red, aod- its build time

2001 mustang gt lots of mods- sold
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011
Rookie
4.6L Member

I also went with the Eibach prokit on my 04 GT.

2013 Shelby GT500
1994 Cobra CV Indy Pace Car
1968 Mustang Coupe 302 J code
1971 Grande 351 C
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

preciate all the advice guys

-$

2003 Mustang GT Coupe
4.6L V8
Fire Engine Red
ALWAYS SIDEWAYS__
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page