Figure an introduction is in order - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Figure an introduction is in order

Hows it going guys. Name's Michael, and I currently own a 99 GT. Been a journey getting here haha. Started with a 98 Grand Prix GTP that I had pretty much everything you could imagine done to it. Decided it was time for a new project. I picked up a 91 Galant VR4 and realized very fast that it was the worst decision I made. Was a nightmare from day one so I traded it for a 97 Legacy Outback and take a break from modified cars for a while. Started to get an iche for something fast again so sold the Legacy and picked up the GT. Bought it bone stock, aside from some lowering springs and some Spintech mufflers. Pretty much hit the ground running. The rear end was grinding when I first got it, so I went ahead and pulled it apart and discovered that the pinion bearings were FUBAR. So took it as an opportunity to ditch the 3.27's and pick up some FRPP 3.73's. Also grabbed some Steeda UDP's and bypassed my AC since I needed a belt anyway and the AC currently doesn't work. I decided to just run a shorter belt and leave it in just incase I decide at a later date to recharge it. K&N drop in filter w/ silencer delete. Also, the spintech mufflers were rusted out for some reason, so I picked up some Flowtechs and had the downstream cats removed.. I also painted my headlights to mimic the 01+ black housings, moved my spoiler back to sit flush with the edge of the trunk, as well as a few other things here and there.
Main goal is to make it faster than my GTP with basic bolts ons. My GTP ran a best of 13.8 at Fontana with rockers, headers, GenV Eaton M90, 06 motor w/ forged pistons/rods, built trans with 3.29 gears, LS1 75mm TB and MAF, 12psi, Trans Am calipers, full GMPP suspension, the works. Spent way more money than i'd like to admit haha.

Anyhow, here's how the GT looked when I first got it back in March.

And a few pics of it in it's current state

I'll some better pics in the morning, but you get the idea haha. Curently throwing around the idea of an X-pipe. thought about doing a Plenum and 75mm TB, but not sure if I want to mess with fuel trims just yet as it might be a bit before I can have it tuned

Any advice on the next step is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page