Driving and Texting Law - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

How about everyone always riding your ass. Sudden braking. No turn signals. Texting and driving. Not checking blind spots. Speeding, weaving, and being cut off. I see this everyday on the road to work. Just yesterday I was on my bike and had a lady cut me off, and I saw another lady ran a red light, but saw her intentions because she was on the phone. I yelled, "wait!" to my brother because he just bought a 2012 v6 and didnt want him to get t boned but the damn lady idiot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
Whoever came up with that rating clearly has never driven in Los Angeles. Try the 101/5/10 freeway interchange (that's right, 3 of 'em at once) at 75 mph, it's always good for a nice little rush followed by a standing wipe once you get through to the other side. Hell, just the 101 through Hollywood/ downtown LA area can be pretty crazy most of the time, you gotta really be on your toes if self preservation is an instinct you posess. Both spots I mentioned, especially that fwy interchange, are at best poorly engineered, very clausterphobic (skinny lanes so they can fit more of them, and zero shoulder in most areas) and unless there's already an accident ahead then the flow of traffic is usually 65-85 mph. There's always somebody riding your ass (can't see their headlights in your mirror), and if you leave any space between you and the car in front of you so you have time to hit your brakes then people just swerve in front of you and take up whatever small amount of space there is. I absolutely hate driving in Los Angeles, but I figure that if you can hack it here then you can drive anywhere. Except maybe Tijuana, but driving there is a real man's sport, Dale Earnhardt ain't got nothin' on that town...
Drive in Iraq. No one really follows any type of rules there on the roads. Especially us, because we have armored Hummers that are bigger and heavier than anything else. Since you never know another driver's intentions with all the suicide bombers there, it used to be acceptable to PIT a car into the ditch if someone cut you off. Plus you see whacky **** like dudes driving with a shitload of goats stuffed in a taxi cab or two guys on a motorcycle and one of them is struggling to hold onto a rowboat over the top of them.
Don't like the way some car is barreling toward you in your lane? Just fire a .50 cal machine gun into the pavement in front of them!

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
Drive in Iraq. No one really follows any type of rules there on the roads. Especially us, because we have armored Hummers that are bigger and heavier than anything else. Since you never know another driver's intentions with all the suicide bombers there, it used to be acceptable to PIT a car into the ditch if someone cut you off. Plus you see whacky **** like dudes driving with a shitload of goats stuffed in a taxi cab or two guys on a motorcycle and one of them is struggling to hold onto a rowboat over the top of them.
Don't like the way some car is barreling toward you in your lane? Just fire a .50 cal machine gun into the pavement in front of them!
HOOAH!!!!! Roger that rabbit. Roger that. What branch?

Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Muscle View Post
HOOAH!!!!! Roger that rabbit. Roger that. What branch?
Same as you, judging by your response. Except we frown upon "Hooah."
"Hooah" is a conditioned response the Army uses to keep you stupid. :hihi:
Banned
4.6L Member

WTF was this thread about, originally?
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thats why I responded like I did. Only Army says it like that
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

A few posts earlier, made me want to open up another thread.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page