First time at the track with the new to me car - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Sharad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 6,462
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRedSN95 View Post
hahaha the path to twelves, if Bullitt is still around (haven't seen him on here lately) I'd suggest talking to him. He sure knows how to make into the 12s without many engine mods. Check out his build.
I know how to make it into the 12s without ANY engine mods.



Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
PONY Member
 
RioRedSN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 268
 
haha and what is that path sir???? lol. Probably at tip of my tongue but can't remember. Unless you mean NOS haha.


1997 SVT Cobra. Mangaflow Off Road X, mils, Ford B Springs, Steeda Tri-ax

1997 GT Rio Red: PI intake, bbk cai, SCT tuner (Brenspeed tune), bbk catted x pipe, flowmaster super 44's, MSD coils, H&R lowering springs, M&M CC plates, tokiko shocks and struts. Sold.
RioRedSN95 is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Sharad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 6,462
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRedSN95 View Post
haha and what is that path sir???? lol. Probably at tip of my tongue but can't remember. Unless you mean NOS haha.

Just maximizing traction, like an NMRA Factory Stock car.

I'd wager that a full UPR Products suspension system, 28x10.5" slicks, and a 4.56 gear would put the car in the 11s without touching the engine... but that's getting pretty serious.

I'd say that if you can 60' in the 1.60s, you can make it into the 12s without touching the engine. My recipe there would still be a streetable UPR suspension setup, but less radical gear and less radical tire.

I went 12.91 @ 103 on a 1.69 60' with only 236rwhp. (in a Fox hatchback) But the PI engine is stronger than the stock 302 I was using. Making a solid ET with little horsepower is possible. It's allllll about the HOOK!


Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
 
PONY Member
 
RioRedSN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 268
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Just maximizing traction, like an NMRA Factory Stock car.

I'd wager that a full UPR Products suspension system, 28x10.5" slicks, and a 4.56 gear would put the car in the 11s without touching the engine... but that's getting pretty serious.

I'd say that if you can 60' in the 1.60s, you can make it into the 12s without touching the engine. My recipe there would still be a streetable UPR suspension setup, but less radical gear and less radical tire.

I went 12.91 @ 103 on a 1.69 60' with only 236rwhp. (in a Fox hatchback) But the PI engine is stronger than the stock 302 I was using. Making a solid ET with little horsepower is possible. It's allllll about the HOOK!
Damn it I knew the answer to that, lol. Yah It's definitely possible with low horsepower figures. Suspension rocks! Bullitt's build on here is a bullitt (obvious haha) has about 266rwhp as I recall and some good suspension and weight reduction and also made into mid 12s.

The UPR system is very radical, probably too much for a street driven car. Like you said a less radical set up would be better if it's street driven.

Nice 60ft'! and 236rwhp in the 12's I can see it with a Fox since they are much lighter than an sn95 or new edge. I love that you can make it into the 12's with a low hp car and watch people's face when they ask what's done to it! I want that feeling some day lol. I agree suspension ftw! I'd like to do a few basic bolt on's to my car (hoping for 280rwhp/275rwhtq), than beef up the suspension, nothing crazy but something where I can hook hardcore

1997 SVT Cobra. Mangaflow Off Road X, mils, Ford B Springs, Steeda Tri-ax

1997 GT Rio Red: PI intake, bbk cai, SCT tuner (Brenspeed tune), bbk catted x pipe, flowmaster super 44's, MSD coils, H&R lowering springs, M&M CC plates, tokiko shocks and struts. Sold.
RioRedSN95 is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Sharad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 6,462
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRedSN95 View Post
The UPR system is very radical, probably too much for a street driven car. Like you said a less radical set up would be better if it's street driven.

UPR, like most suspension companies, has a wide range of products. Our "Pro Street" suspension has polyurethane bushings, so even though it works well, it's still a comfortable ride.

That said, I've been using our Pro Series suspension on the street for almost a decade. I love it!


Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1