New Guy from Knoxville, Tn - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

New Guy from Knoxville, Tn

Well I just acquired a 96' GT from my future mother in law. Built and bought with one owner from Dearborn, MI. It has 109k miles and its a 5 speed.

Only things wrong with it when I got it:
1. Fuel filler grommet was bad (replaced).
2. Odometer didn't work (gear inside instrument cluster replaced and OD set to correct mileage).
3. Intake manifold cracked in coolant crossover and around heater core nipple......not yet fixed......checking my current options.

Besides that runs perfect! Original Deep Violet Paint. Only gripe I have is that it has the Mach 460 but only the tape/FM/AM......no CD. But I just picket up a CD harness from another 96 and a cd player. Since I haven't really seen any how to's on this model I figured that would be my first write up.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0605111913.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	133047  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the AFM fam.
Great group of guys&gals here, with TONS of info/knowledge.

'05 Blk Prem V6 Roush Styled, X-Charged, & Highly Modified Sold
'06 Torch Red Prem GT

Show: SGT Grille, SGT Lower Fogs, GT500 Chin Spoiler & Trunk Spoiler, GT Hood Scoop/Side Scoops, Powered By Ford Fender Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Sequential TL, '13 Painted Mirrors, '10 Style GT500 Rims.
Suspension: GT500 Strut Mounts, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, SR 1.5" Springs, SR Rear LCAs, J&M Adjust PHB.
Exhaust: SLP LoudMouth1s.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Welcome to the site. Nice ride

1996 Mustang GT (Sold to my brother to keep it in the Family)
2004 Mustang Mach 1

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011
GT Member

Seems like lately i am seeing alot of people from east Tn. im from around oak ridge but stationed in moody Ga. currently deployed in afghanistan.

Anyways welcome to the site alot of people here with good knowlege and love to help people some think they know more than they do lol.....but for the intake man my opinion i would go with this right here ill post the links for you....are you doing the work yourself??

Ford Racing 4.6L Performance Improvement (PI) Mustang Intake Manifold at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
How To Install A Mustang PI Intake - Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com
1999-04 Mustang GT Heater Tube by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
1999-04 Mustang GT Heater Tube Nipple by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

If you got anymore question's just let me know i have not installed mine yet but i ordered it a couple weeks ago i would go with heads to but im going with a power adder so the higher compression from the heads is not boost friendly!

Life is to short to live it pissed off cherish who and what you got while you can!
Free speech isnít so free when it comes to protected classes and races, is it?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman777 View Post
Seems like lately i am seeing alot of people from east Tn. im from around oak ridge but stationed in moody Ga. currently deployed in afghanistan.

Anyways welcome to the site alot of people here with good knowlege and love to help people some think they know more than they do lol.....but for the intake man my opinion i would go with this right here ill post the links for you....are you doing the work yourself??

Ford Racing 4.6L Performance Improvement (PI) Mustang Intake Manifold at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
How To Install A Mustang PI Intake - Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com
1999-04 Mustang GT Heater Tube by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
1999-04 Mustang GT Heater Tube Nipple by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

If you got anymore question's just let me know i have not installed mine yet but i ordered it a couple weeks ago i would go with heads to but im going with a power adder so the higher compression from the heads is not boost friendly!
I was thinking about a Trick Flow one: Pros it has a 2 ports on the coolant passage for both coolant sensors, its aluminum. Cons: you have to mount your alternator backwards (it looks retarded), and its ungodly expensive.

You can't beat that price on a Ford part. Its just gonna suck relocating that coolant sensor. Man I wished I could find a Bullitt intake. Like thats gonna happen.

I'm thinking about doing the whole head swap (when ever I get the money). Jegs has the heads as an assembly for a good price. I figured if I supercharged it later I would just change out the pistons to lower compression ones.

When ever you get back and if you are doing that conversion in Oak Ridge, hollar at me. It would be helpful to see all the mistakes made on someone elses car first........lol jk.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011
GT Member

Lol well i wouldnt really recommend that intake unless your building the motor those are really for higher rpm applications you may see a gain from it but it's really all up to you man you would be surprised how many people still run the stock pi intake most people dont know how good they are.....just do some research and go with what is gonna suit you better.

Life is to short to live it pissed off cherish who and what you got while you can!
Free speech isnít so free when it comes to protected classes and races, is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page