Headlights and HID - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Headlights and HID

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to send me to a link to get a good HID kit for an 02 GT, or will any HID kit work (need a Hi/Lo kit and need them for the fog lights as well)? If I get the HID kit, I do not have to order the bulbs for the headlights above correct? I am assuming the HID kit requires a different bulb, or am I wrong?

I am looking at these headlights for the HIDs http://www.americanmuscle.com/9904-l...rs-chrome.html would they work?

Still new to all of this. If someone could tell me what all I would need, I would greatly appreciate it.

2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Zinc Yellow, Black Top, Black Interior

Mods: Flowmaster 40s, BBK CAI, Jensen UV10, Undercar LEDs, Chrome 3-Light LED Tail Lights, Raxiom Chrome Projector Dual CCFL Halo Headlights (Sylvania Bulbs), 245/40R18 Tires, Equus Wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

The HID kit on american muscle is WAAAAY over priced. Im sure its good quality but there are so many other kits for alot less. I got mine for 70. I found that i dont needa high/low setting with HID lights

Just an old ford...

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The HID kit on american muscle is WAAAAY over priced.
Yea I looked on AM just kind of as a starting point, but couldn't find any actual HID kits. When I searched for them on AM, all that came up was the Silvania bulbs lol. I do like the headlights (the link) though. I think those would look sweet with the HIDs.

Mods: Flowmaster 40s, BBK CAI, Jensen UV10, Undercar LEDs, Chrome 3-Light LED Tail Lights, Raxiom Chrome Projector Dual CCFL Halo Headlights (Sylvania Bulbs), 245/40R18 Tires, Equus Wheels.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
Rookie

not sure if im doin this right but heres one that i have on my 95 gt.. its for ur year ofc .. ur prbly gonna have to search ebay again for high beams but here ya go.. hope this helps

Xenon HID Conversion Kit H1/H3/H4/H7/H13
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatdDRAGON View Post
not sure if im doin this right but heres one that i have on my 95 gt.. its for ur year ofc .. ur prbly gonna have to search ebay again for high beams but here ya go.. hope this helps

Xenon HID Conversion Kit H1/H3/H4/H7/H13
Thanks for that bud. I have searched around an found some Hi/Lo kits. I did find out though that the headlights I originally pocked our, won't work with HIDs. Bummer. Guess I'll have to pick another set of headlights.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
Rookie

I got a set off ebay for about 17.00.. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but it's worth the wait..... They look great and they are completely legal. Beware of sellers who claim their lights are legal..... do your homework first, it's worth the aggravation of being pulled and told to remove them.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011
BOSS Member

OP,

We used to sell HID kits, but no longer do as the NHTSA has outlawed the sale of them for non-OEM HID cars. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, those headlights will not work with/like HIDs. They will melt the projectors.

If you want to run HIDs(instead of just upgraded bulbs) you are only going to be able to do so in a factory-style reflector headlight. You can run upgraded bulbs(like the sylvania or luminics that we carry) in the projector headlights you posted, but nothing powered by its own ballast(like true HIDs).

If you like/want those projectors, just get the upgraded sylvanias and you will be very please

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung View Post
OP,

We used to sell HID kits, but no longer do as the NHTSA has outlawed the sale of them for non-OEM HID cars. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, those headlights will not work with/like HIDs. They will melt the projectors.

If you want to run HIDs(instead of just upgraded bulbs) you are only going to be able to do so in a factory-style reflector headlight. You can run upgraded bulbs(like the sylvania or luminics that we carry) in the projector headlights you posted, but nothing powered by its own ballast(like true HIDs).

If you like/want those projectors, just get the upgraded sylvanias and you will be very please
Thanks for the clarification Chris. I may just do that. I can see fine as is and mainly only wanted the HIDs for the look/appearance. But I like those headlights even more so I will probably end up ordering them when I get my headers and other parts from AM.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaiah14 View Post
Thanks for the clarification Chris. I may just do that. I can see fine as is and mainly only wanted the HIDs for the look/appearance. But I like those headlights even more so I will probably end up ordering them when I get my headers and other parts from AM.
No problemo, glad I could be of assistance!

Great, thanks for the support!

Please let me know if you have any questions in the future!

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cheap , headlights , hid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page