NEED HELP .. Smoke is being released from oil cap - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

NEED HELP .. Smoke is being released from oil cap

Hey guys i noticed my 2000 mustang gt (35098miles) throws out smoke from the oil cap when it is removed. i checked my PCV valve and it still has suction when i place my finger on it. i also noticed that at times the smoke is also exerted from the exhaust...
Please help guys i want to get rid of this problem

i Have a P1SC procharger at 12 psi which i recently just added oil to
and i also have an oil catch can which its connected to the engine and the air filter on the procharger.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011
Apprentice

sounds like blow-by to me.. how many miles on the motor with blower?

BBK Headers, Bassani x pipe, SLP Loudmouth 2, MGW short throw, Dragon plenum, Dragon 75mm throttle body, Vortech v2 T-Trim, Anderson 4" boost pipe, 42lb injectors, 90 MAF, Ford gt 500 fuel pump, SCT Xcalibrator 2, Paxton A:A intercooler, Vortech 6 rib 3.12" pulley, Electric Cutouts, Driveshaft safty loop, 4:10's, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach springs, UPR upper and lower control arms, Subframe connectors, UPR bumpsteer kit. New MMR longblock
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

cant really say .. i bought the car with it already installed ..

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisss View Post
cant really say .. i bought the car with it already installed ..
i bought a car about two weeks ago. its super clean, 75,000 miles on it, vortech v2 t-trim supercharger, all supporting mods, very very clean car, no blow by when i was looking at the car, no problems, well it lasted 8 days and the motor blew, it shattered a piston and punched two LARGE holes in my block, theres a piston in MILLIONS of tiny peices and a bent and broken rod in my oil pan. carefull what you buy!! looks can be deceving! i would take it easy.. and start saving for a new motor. i heard of guys gt's blowing their stock motors after just 1000 miles with a blower

BBK Headers, Bassani x pipe, SLP Loudmouth 2, MGW short throw, Dragon plenum, Dragon 75mm throttle body, Vortech v2 T-Trim, Anderson 4" boost pipe, 42lb injectors, 90 MAF, Ford gt 500 fuel pump, SCT Xcalibrator 2, Paxton A:A intercooler, Vortech 6 rib 3.12" pulley, Electric Cutouts, Driveshaft safty loop, 4:10's, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach springs, UPR upper and lower control arms, Subframe connectors, UPR bumpsteer kit. New MMR longblock
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTs/c View Post
i bought a car about two weeks ago. its super clean, 75,000 miles on it, vortech v2 t-trim supercharger, all supporting mods, very very clean car, no blow by when i was looking at the car, no problems, well it lasted 8 days and the motor blew, it shattered a piston and punched two LARGE holes in my block, theres a piston in MILLIONS of tiny peices and a bent and broken rod in my oil pan. carefull what you buy!! looks can be deceving! i would take it easy.. and start saving for a new motor. i heard of guys gt's blowing their stock motors after just 1000 miles with a blower
Dang that really sucks. a new engine ?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTs/c View Post
I feel this is why you should never buy heavily modded cars unless you have a bankroll because youll never know what youre getting and if its heavily modded you can almost guarantee its had some use and abuse.

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

What should i do ?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Hey guys i noticed my 2000 mustang gt (35098miles) throws out smoke from the oil cap when it is removed. i checked my PCV valve and it still has suction when i place my finger on it. i also noticed that at times the smoke is also exerted from the exhaust...
Please help guys i want to get rid of this problem

i Have a P1SC procharger at 12 psi which i recently just added oil to
and i also have an oil catch can which its connected to the engine and the air filter on the procharger.

Thanks.
If you are taking the oil cap off with it hot its pretty normal for a little smoke to come out. Same with the exhaust especially if it is aftermarket exhaust which I am going to assume it is if the previous owner had that much money to put into it. Also if you are worried about your motor I would get a bigger pulley and run less boost, maybe 8-10 psi.

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra
Stiegemeier Stage 6 Ported Blower
2.76 upper / 4lb lower
K&N intake / LFP Throttle Body / Dragon Plenum
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
What should i do ?

if i was you i would just take it easy... very easy. start saving for a new motor. if theres quite a bit of smoke comming from the oil cap then id say your rings arnt in very good shape. in my motor it messed everything up, heads, crank, oil pan, everything. if you have the money i would buy a new short block from mmr. there on sale now and pertty cheap. its better it rebuild it before it blows and messes up more stuff. your heads would be fine to put on a new short block.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Man that really blows ... well thanks guys..
Apprentice

Quote:
Man that really blows ... well thanks guys..

at least yours still runs!!!!

Apprentice
4.6L Member

dont be to hard on your self man ..look at the bright side of it if you save for a new motor youll have a fresh start and you can say you bbuilt it
Apprentice

I Agree ^^+1. you should deffanalty look in to ModularMustangRacing.com they have good prices, and great motors!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page