What hood details look good on 2000 mustang v6 convertible? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Any Suggestions? What hood details look good on 2000 mustang v6 convertible?

I have a white 2000 mustang v6 convertible with a black top. I have had it since about 2004. For the past 3 years it has been sitting up outside neglected at my parents home while I was away at school. The factory paint has peeled off like crazy. Since I have graduated and the title is now in my name, I would like to make my car look nice again. I refuse to drive it in its current state. It is such an eye soar.

Well, my dad's friend said that he would paint it for about $1000 for all over color and any other details like stripes. Im having a hard time finding examples of hood details that look good with the factory hood and front bumper. Do you guys have any suggestions with picture examples? Id appreciate any other options on what to do with it for the side as well.

The only thing I am sure of is that I want a color very similar to camaro synergy green.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany06 View Post
It is such an eye soar.

Well, my dad's friend said that he would paint it for about $1000 for all over color and any other details like stripes.
Go here 1999-2004 Ford Mustang Hoods at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! and look at ideas.
Also what college did you go to? eyeSORE! not eye soar.

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

My apologies for the grossly misspelled word. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that, but i'm no english major. I think I'll keep the name of my alma mater to myself.

Also when I was referring to hood details , im talking about hood overall. I find that Im not really a fan of the "hood decal" that fit in the indented area. That's what my dad suggested but im not liking it. I will totally check out that site though.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

If it were mine I'd just get a factory 01-04 GT hoodscoop on there and call it done. Not really a fan of any stripes, decals, graphics or custom airbrushed skulls or black wheels or big 'look at me' spoilers. Less is more on this body style.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
If it were mine I'd just get a factory 01-04 GT hoodscoop on there and call it done. Not really a fan of any stripes, decals, graphics or custom airbrushed skulls or black wheels or big 'look at me' spoilers. Less is more on this body style.
I was gonna suggest something real classy and understated, like a giant anime ninja or some sh*t.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
I was gonna suggest something real classy and understated, like a giant anime ninja or some sh*t.
Haha youre a pistol!

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
If that doesn't just scream 'classy and understated', then all hope for this world is lost.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I actually do like the adding a hood scoop idea, but im not the one paying for it. If I truly had a cent to my name, I would totally purchase one and get it installed. Roughly how much does it usually cost to add one of those things?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany06 View Post
I actually do like the adding a hood scoop idea, but im not the one paying for it. If I truly had a cent to my name, I would totally purchase one and get it installed. Roughly how much does it usually cost to add one of those things?
I've not had to purchase one myself since my car came with one from the factory, but I wanna say they're less than $100, and a pretty simple diy install. The most expensive part is having it painted to match your car but since you're getting a paintjob anyway then that's not really an issue anymore. Check over at americanmuscle.com, pretty sure they sell them.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillup96GT View Post
Go here 1999-2004 Ford Mustang Hoods at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! and look at ideas.
Also what college did you go to? eyeSORE! not eye soar.
I am pretty sure what I poster above ^^^^
is a link to HOODS, HOOD SCOOPS, and HOOD DECALS all of which probably include prices and instructions.

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

With that color MAYBE have the Hood Scoop painted flat black..

Check this one out, not the same color but some photoshop can make it close:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...stallion-1.jpg

Rob Hernandez, AFM co-Founder.
PONY Member

The 2000 Spring Edition striping would be an option . It's factory and very rare , i've never seen another one .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Views:	5866
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	143076  

2000 Spring Edition ZY Mustang GT Convertible ....BBK CAI , BBK 70 MM TB , Flows , Hypertech Tuner , Vogtland 1.6" Springs , Tokico HP , MM CC plates , Steeda flsfc's , Bullitt Calipers , D/S 13" rotors , 03 Cobra Alum 17" mini-spare , Chrome Saleen 18x9/18x10 , 265/295 35 Potenza's , sequentials , rear honeycomb , smoked headlites , tint , CDC Bar , Mach chin spoiler , black bullitt fuel door , speedster tonneau .
!996 Pearl White/Black Lincoln MarkVIII LSC .... stock
GT Member

I like the silver rims on your car it looks great

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillup96GT View Post
I like the silver rims on your car it looks great
Thanks , when i found this set of new 03 Cobra takeoffs , i couldn't resist . Now if i could only talk my wife into letting me find the 03 Cobra .

2000 Spring Edition ZY Mustang GT Convertible ....BBK CAI , BBK 70 MM TB , Flows , Hypertech Tuner , Vogtland 1.6" Springs , Tokico HP , MM CC plates , Steeda flsfc's , Bullitt Calipers , D/S 13" rotors , 03 Cobra Alum 17" mini-spare , Chrome Saleen 18x9/18x10 , 265/295 35 Potenza's , sequentials , rear honeycomb , smoked headlites , tint , CDC Bar , Mach chin spoiler , black bullitt fuel door , speedster tonneau .
!996 Pearl White/Black Lincoln MarkVIII LSC .... stock
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Another V6 guy question in the 4.6 section........ imagine that.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2000 , detail , hood , mustang , stripes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page