Moroso Oil Pan Capacity - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Moroso Oil Pan Capacity

I have the moroso deep sump oil pan and I am not sure about the oil capacity of the pan. All the websites I have visited say its 7 quarts but moroso's website says its 8 quarts. I would not really be worried about this if I trusted my oil dipstick, but I had to get a lokar one because of my headers. Does anybody know whether this pan takes 7 or 8 quarts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

I haven't got the Moroso. I have the MMR oil pan and it says 7 quarts. I think it held about 9 quarts with a new filter when it was all said and done. That was using my stock dipstick.

Don't know if that helps or not.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012
PONY Member

fill it with water and measure

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangted1963 View Post
fill it with water and measure
That's a great idea as long as the pan isn't already installed.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The pan is already installed. I guess I will just go ahead and put 8 quarts in it and mark that level on my new dipstick. Better to have more oil than less oil I guess.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

Wow... a legitimate question for once. Thanks!!!
What's the matter with your Lokar, bro? You know you can adjust that thing, right? The cable is held in with a set screw, and you can move it up and down to an extent. I had to cut a little of the cable off and the re-insert it into the handle and tighten the set screw.
However... You're in a different situation since you don't know the proper oil level with the aftermarket oil pan and you never adjusted the Lokar I'm assuming...

I could measure my Lokar and that would give you some idea as to where your oil level should be.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
Wow... a legitimate question for once. Thanks!!!
What's the matter with your Lokar, bro? You know you can adjust that thing, right? The cable is held in with a set screw, and you can move it up and down to an extent. I had to cut a little of the cable off and the re-insert it into the handle and tighten the set screw.
However... You're in a different situation since you don't know the proper oil level with the aftermarket oil pan and you never adjusted the Lokar I'm assuming...

I could measure my Lokar and that would give you some idea as to where your oil level should be.
Ya that would be great. I really have no idea and my dipstick is still the same length as when I got it. To adjust it do I just need to remove the screw, pull the dipstick rod out, and adjust it by cutting it off. How long is your dipstick? That could give me a good idea and would probably be right on with my set up, since the oil pan is set up to read accurately with the stock dipstick.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member

Having to much oil can be just as fatal as having too little... There is a margin of course, no rocket science needed, but just be careful not putting in too much. Fill it up with 8 quarts if that's what Moroso says and take it from there. I'm quite positive that should be correct, especially if they say the stock dipstick will read accurately in their oil pan.

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
Performance: BAMA 93R Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears w/ Terminator spec T-Lok.
Planned Mods: FLSFC, Eibach Sway Bars, Throttle Body, Plenum, Rims.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbaum View Post
Ya that would be great. I really have no idea and my dipstick is still the same length as when I got it. To adjust it do I just need to remove the screw, pull the dipstick rod out, and adjust it by cutting it off. How long is your dipstick? That could give me a good idea and would probably be right on with my set up, since the oil pan is set up to read accurately with the stock dipstick.
Cool. I'll measure it tomorrow and that should at least get you close. PM me if I don't post back, 'cause I might forget.
Banned
4.6L Member

lmfao.....I love some of the comments in this thread...

"Do I just pull it out?"
How long is your dip stick?"

Classic!
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynt View Post
lmfao.....I love some of the comments in this thread...

"Do I just pull it out?"
How long is your dip stick?"

Classic!
"Hey babe, wanna see my dipstick? It got some greeeasy oil on the tip!"

lmao

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
Performance: BAMA 93R Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears w/ Terminator spec T-Lok.
Planned Mods: FLSFC, Eibach Sway Bars, Throttle Body, Plenum, Rims.
Banned
4.6L Member

I am waiting so see "How deep should I go?"
Banned
4.6L Member

I'll post pics of my dipstick.
Banned
4.6L Member

Hope its a high res camera......Guess at the very least you know your going to be well under the file size limit for pictures when you upload it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
do i just pull it out , wanna see my dipstick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page