LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
4.6L Member

the tag on this is spot-on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

That tag pretty much describes the entire 4.6 section, to be honest.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
Really? This thread's only borderline retarded... Read how to set your tach according to exhaust drone in the Tech Section. I'm sure it's fool-proof and deadly accurate, and real smart, too.
Haha you never cease to make me laugh scout

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.

Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillup96GT View Post
Haha you never cease to make me laugh scout
I'm not laughing. I mean...god damn, dude. Some idiot is out there driving 70mph f*cking with his tach needle and then posting it and telling others it's a good idea.
Banned
4.6L Member

I must have skipped over the "Tach" thread....I might have to go read that one.

btw...I tagged this thread as pointless ...lmao
PONY Member

thank you for saving me! If you dont know what you are talking about research it before you post

2000 V6

Infinite wishlist
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn View Post
thank you for saving me! If you dont know what you are talking about research it before you post
Yeah, your posts were dead on before multiple people came in here and posted incorrect information...........

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Rookie
4.6L Member

TOGunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by First03GT View Post
Posi ans lsd are the same. Yes on turns one wheel spins faster thats what the clutches are for. A true posi rear end will have no clutches and would make the car virtually useless on roads, track use only.
Well not exactly A Detroit Locker is a rear end that has had the spiders welded solid and it is useless for all but the strictly retarded racers of yesteryear when it was nigh on to impossible to find what became known as the GM Posi Which was an addition to the Corvette line of extras intro'd by Zora Arkus Duntov who gave his genius to the world of auto racing. Now before I get a bunch of protests from the other old farts let me add the the term Detroit Locker also came from racing apps offered by Dodge/Chrysler and was a no slip diff that locked at the first sign of slippage but used no clutch pacs, rather it used a system more like the spring pacs or cam systems that hold the spiders in solid lockup while there is excess rotation or slippage of the tires. It was used on the streets with maddening regularity as well as on the strip by such vehicles as the Little Red Wagon and Hemi Under Glass, I think Dandy **** Landy used them also, they worked well on Wheel Standers.
The Posi gave flexibility to street cars for the need to turn corners now and then....OK now, I'm sure that I made at least one or two mistakes or oversights, so take your best shot, I can handle it I guess, just remember that I'm at the point in life when I'm starting to forget alot and I did live through the 60's which I don't remember at all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
pointless argument

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page