Gotta love the police - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
 
mustanglover12's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Bayonne
Posts: 43
 
I am from NJ got caught on the parkway for racing a maxmia (02) with my v6 mustang

Cop stopped the maxmia gave him 19 points then 3 days later he comes to my house with a picture and gives me 5 tickets Racing on the highway, 101 in a 55 zone, tailgating, reckless driving (total of 20 points) for the fun of it he gave me a ticket for my exhaust.


2003 Mustang GT Convertible.

Auto: SR CIA, Mac LT, Mac O/R X-pipe, Mac Chambered Catback, PowerStop Brake System, BBK Front & Rear Control Arms,

Hookups: Mach 1000 Audio System (10 Speakers), Jensen GPS/DVD In Dash, Automatic Starter, Cobra Spider X9 Body Kit, Saleen S281 staged rims and Nitto Tires, Smoked Raxiom HeadLighs and Tail Lights LED
mustanglover12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
PONY Member
4.6L Member
 
Eddy21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 307
 
now that ive gotten a bit older 22 now got my stang when i was still in highschool

i dont let others car taunts get to me
im paying a good rate on insurance now
dont want to mess it up

my friend is paying

2400 every 6 for his 2010 ss full coverage

im paying 489 full coverage every 6


it literally pays of in the long run to take your ass to the track
or if you really have to dont be an idiot and and race inbroad day light weaving in and out of traffic waiting to cause a wreck

just my 2 pesos :kooky:


01 Gt Vert 4r70w

[4.30's][ bullitt intake]
[Flow's 40 series][ BBK H PIPE <-- Dont buy]
[stock tq converter ][Sct Canned 93 tune]
[Driver Mod][ [email protected]]
Eddy21 is offline  
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
 
Alher591's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 241
 
I like your attitude friend

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

ford grey mustang gt 2002
mods; bassani o/r xpipe with flow 40s and bbk cold air
Alher591 is offline  
 
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
 
SoCal2V's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: see user name
Posts: 8,705
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover12 View Post
I am from NJ got caught on the parkway for racing a maxmia (02) with my v6 mustang

Cop stopped the maxmia gave him 19 points then 3 days later he comes to my house with a picture and gives me 5 tickets Racing on the highway, 101 in a 55 zone, tailgating, reckless driving (total of 20 points) for the fun of it he gave me a ticket for my exhaust.
Do you still have a car and/or license anymore?

And dude, I gotta lol at V6 guys racing their cars..... The GT's really aren't super fast as they are; I couldn't imagine trying to streetrace while behind the wheel of a sixxer and still take myself seriously. The only time I think it's appropriate to race your V6 Mustang is when you pull up next to a Viper or something, just as a joke.


2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
SoCal2V is offline  
Banned
4.6L Member
 
kids96gt's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: moyock
Posts: 949
 
I have had some cops nice, some assholes....first time I got pulled,.in NCAA, 73 in a 55, I got so scared I didn't know what to do...I rode for another mile looking for a parking lot..saw one and went to pull in, to fast and slide..the trooper ran up and instantly started yelling and cussing, and all I could do was throw up.

***** move, but I didn't know what to do. The trooper finally understood I didn't do it on purpose and just gave me a citation for speeding instead of wreckless(for sliding) avading the police( for riding another mile or so) and a few others. Ticket ended up being dropped because I have had multiple driving courses and it was my first offense.

other then that, I have stopped to talk to police to ask about stuff on my car, tint, light smoked..some have been nice and said it is illegal but I wouldn't stop you, and others have said please remove it so we don't have a problem in the future. I like cops. I love seeing them around.
kids96gt is offline  
GT Member
 
willyg1997's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Jackpine Savageville
Posts: 1,379
 
Garage
Cop are just like anyone else. Some cool, and some not so cool. Now, when you get one that is on a control mission and has a pissed off attitude, not fun.

First time from a pissed off trooper. The trooper had fun with my 10% over tinted windows and got the whole lecture of racing (even though I was driving perfect by law), and then said he’s not going to give me a speeding ticket because I was going under the speed limit, and he was not going to give me on for excessive acceleration because he didn’t see me take off from the stop sigh. Never thought about throwing up on his shoes^^. Good one kids96, I will remember that next time.

The other time I thought I was going to get my arss handed to me by a sheriff. Doing 27/28 in a 30, and this sheriff pulled up behind me, and could see him on his radio. He pulled up alongside of me, then pull ahead, then pulled in back behind me and flipped on his lights. After I pulled over I quickly shut the car off. He came up to the window and told me to start the car back up, pop the hood and trunk and get out of the vehicle. He looked it over front to back top to bottom. Just then a trooper pulled up. I asked what I did wrong, he said “I just wanted to see why you needed a sump gas tank and take a look at your car”. To my surprise it turned into a pleasant conversation with the two cops talking about all the mods. So long story short, if you are doing the right things cops can be very cool. Can’t really blame them though for doing their jobs, unless you run into that pissed off controlling law officer, or if you are street racing 101 in a 55.

.
Mods = None. (well maybe just a few)
DB-Performance Tune: 634rwhp @ 6000rpm , 609rwtq @ 4000rpm, (500rwtq @ 2500rpm)

willyg1997 is offline  
Rookie
 
mustanglover12's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Bayonne
Posts: 43
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyg1997 View Post
Cop are just like anyone else. Some cool, and some not so cool. Now, when you get one that is on a control mission and has a pissed off attitude, not fun.

First time from a pissed off trooper. The trooper had fun with my 10% over tinted windows and got the whole lecture of racing (even though I was driving perfect by law), and then said he’s not going to give me a speeding ticket because I was going under the speed limit, and he was not going to give me on for excessive acceleration because he didn’t see me take off from the stop sigh. Never thought about throwing up on his shoes^^. Good one kids96, I will remember that next time.

The other time I thought I was going to get my arss handed to me by a sheriff. Doing 27/28 in a 30, and this sheriff pulled up behind me, and could see him on his radio. He pulled up alongside of me, then pull ahead, then pulled in back behind me and flipped on his lights. After I pulled over I quickly shut the car off. He came up to the window and told me to start the car back up, pop the hood and trunk and get out of the vehicle. He looked it over front to back top to bottom. Just then a trooper pulled up. I asked what I did wrong, he said “I just wanted to see why you needed a sump gas tank and take a look at your car”. To my surprise it turned into a pleasant conversation with the two cops talking about all the mods. So long story short, if you are doing the right things cops can be very cool. Can’t really blame them though for doing their jobs, unless you run into that pissed off controlling law officer, or if you are street racing 101 in a 55.

Where you are cops are cool here they are not. Yes i still have my license and 2 cars. Cops in NJ/NY are just assholes i was actually doing 115 (in a v6) and the maxmia was doing the 101 but the cop never gunned me he guned the maxmia, however i didn't argue i just took the tickets and cursed him out and told him i"ll see him in court. He did leave me his phone number at the back of the ticket when i called him he said he will give me a deal in court . Lol sad he doesnt even have me on gun.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
Do you still have a car and/or license anymore?

And dude, I gotta lol at V6 guys racing their cars..... The GT's really aren't super fast as they are; I couldn't imagine trying to streetrace while behind the wheel of a sixxer and still take myself seriously. The only time I think it's appropriate to race your V6 Mustang is when you pull up next to a Viper or something, just as a joke.

Yes my v6 was fast because of the tunes i had on there. To be honest i am never a fan of racing at the track it just to boring. What is the point the more hp wins. But lets see those people in traffic fun race riped g35 to camero ss , rapid cuts and grinding . But again a Camry beat me because he was an awesome crazy driver.

2003 Mustang GT Convertible.

Auto: SR CIA, Mac LT, Mac O/R X-pipe, Mac Chambered Catback, PowerStop Brake System, BBK Front & Rear Control Arms,

Hookups: Mach 1000 Audio System (10 Speakers), Jensen GPS/DVD In Dash, Automatic Starter, Cobra Spider X9 Body Kit, Saleen S281 staged rims and Nitto Tires, Smoked Raxiom HeadLighs and Tail Lights LED
mustanglover12 is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
 
SoCal2V's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: see user name
Posts: 8,705
               
^ "Fast" and "V6" don't even begin to go in the same sentence together. Even the same paragraph is tough. Be safe and keep that thing on the ground; you never know when somebody in a bone stock auto npi GT might come teach you a lesson. Racing people while stuck in traffic really doesn't count man, but I guess that is one way to beat G35's and SS's.


2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
SoCal2V is offline  
GT Member
 
willyg1997's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Jackpine Savageville
Posts: 1,379
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover12 View Post
Where you are cops are cool here they are not. Yes i still have my license and 2 cars. Cops in NJ/NY are just assholes i was actually doing 115 (in a v6) and the maxmia was doing the 101 but the cop never gunned me he guned the maxmia, however i didn't argue i just took the tickets and cursed him out and told him i"ll see him in court. He did leave me his phone number at the back of the ticket when i called him he said he will give me a deal in court . Lol sad he doesnt even have me on gun.
Well, I’m going to have to stop here, because if I speak my mind about street racing, I will defiantly get kicked out of this form. Not for the words of wisdom, but for the ****** ******** ******* ******** words!

.
Mods = None. (well maybe just a few)
DB-Performance Tune: 634rwhp @ 6000rpm , 609rwtq @ 4000rpm, (500rwtq @ 2500rpm)

willyg1997 is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
 
DJAlsip's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Davenport
Posts: 1,575
     
It's funny how a lot of the V6 owners think they are so cool and fast, and a lot of them have the ricer attitude. It's so funny because I get challenged almost on a daily basis, but I just look at them and laugh or shake my head and keep on driving.

Yes, street racing is stupid, yes, I have done it. Twice. Both times there were no other cars at all in either direction, one time it was a Challenger RT, the other a Civic hatchback. The RT we just did a few pulls for fun. The Civic was legitimately trying to race me, at first I was like "eh, whatever" but when he was two car lengths ahead I floored it and passed him almost instantly, he couldn't keep up and I eased off when I was about 4 lengths ahead of him. He wanted to go again and I turned him down.

Anyway, it was stupid of me, and I took a chance and was lucky not to get caught. I have promised myself to never street race again, and next time I will take my car to the track. I have yet to get pulled over, but as far as I am concerned I am not doing anything illegal at all in traffic. I just cannot afford raised insurance rates and paying tickets, besides I want to keep my driving records clean.

Stay safe, follow the laws, and take it to the track when you want to race. Paying a few bucks to race at the track is worth it, compared to all the lives one put in danger by street racing.

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
Performance: BAMA 93R Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears w/ Terminator spec T-Lok.
Planned Mods: FLSFC, Eibach Sway Bars, Throttle Body, Plenum, Rims.
DJAlsip is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Yadkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Yadkin Valley
Posts: 6,207
 
Garage
The only "racing" I do is on these mountain roads where the speed limit is 55 and the "suggested speed" is much lower.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
Yadkin is offline  
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
filmman03's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 162
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover12 View Post
Yes my v6 was fast because of the tunes i had on there. To be honest i am never a fan of racing at the track it just to boring. What is the point the more hp wins. But lets see those people in traffic fun race riped g35 to camero ss , rapid cuts and grinding . But again a Camry beat me because he was an awesome crazy driver.
i do agree with the track comment; it can be boring and still just as dangerous as street racing but dude you are driving a V6 with a tune? LOL come on, its Ford's economy Mustang. I'm not ashamed to say that I used to drive a 92 2.3L Foxbody because my dad didn't want me to have a V8 as my first car at 16 years. We intended to swap in the 5.0 (did the disc brake conversion, lowered it with Eibach springs and KYB Shocks/struts, etc) but my career was more imporant. Anyway, it served me well for several years til the tranny crapped out, again, on me. I decided to finally upgrade to a GT and found a New Edge with 77k miles and one owner. Thing is; I didn't race the 4 banger; because I knew that I could barely keep with a civic lol. Now that I own a GT, fast but nothing compared to a Cobra, I'll race occasionally, when conditions permit.

Don't race your Economy Mustang; you aren't cool, especially racing an Altima. And no doubt in my mind that a G35 or Camero SS will stomp on you in a real race. Get some bolt on's, and an exhaust. Make ur car not look or sound like the car that teen girls drive.

And this nonsense of racing in traffic, wow. I've done it a couple times with my GT but only b/c some ricer in his red lowered civic hatchback wouldn't leave me alone. Just don't do it.

2000 Mustang GT Convertible - BBK CAI, Trick Flow 70mm Throttlebody/Plenum and Stack Racing Spacer, Accel Super COP's, Full Length SubFrame Connectors, Flowmaster SuperFlow 44's, 91 Octane Bama Tune, more to come...
filmman03 is offline  
post #43 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
tlmissig61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 170
 
It is definitely a good plan to save the speed for the speedway, the faster you learn that the better. I see there is a lot of v6 chatter on here, haha its sad but I think its fair to say we have all been in those shoes at one point because we couldn't afford the v8 or the parents knew better. I used to think I was hot **** in my '94 Camaro 3.4 with a 5 speed then I got my '99 ft and haven't looked back since. It did teach me to respect the power under my right foot.
tlmissig61 is offline  
GT Member
 
willyg1997's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Jackpine Savageville
Posts: 1,379
 
Garage
I disagree that the track is just as dangerous as street racing. At the track you have two cars in a controlled condition. Not saying it’s not dangerous, but the two people that have accepted the challenge, have accepted danger.

Street racing EVERYONE is in danger, spouses, daughters, sons, moms, dads, grandpas, grandmas, friends……… And these people didn’t sign up to be rolled out in a PINE BOX because some knuckle heads think it is fun. Sure we all have laid our signature on the road, and an occasional head jerk, and a few back country passes. But, street racing is for fools!

.
Mods = None. (well maybe just a few)
DB-Performance Tune: 634rwhp @ 6000rpm , 609rwtq @ 4000rpm, (500rwtq @ 2500rpm)

willyg1997 is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
 
racin366's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Pompano Beach
Posts: 5,329
 
I have had good experience and bad with officers, but all my experience gives credence to what you say. I always treat them with respect now and almost always get the same in return. There have been exceptions, but not very many. I have had my balls busted over bs, but I also have done some very stupid things and gotten treated a lot nicer than I deserved because I wasn't a douche. It goes for dealing with all people though, show some respect unless you are given good reason not to and you will likely receive the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jep23 View Post
When I pull people over, I don't decide on writing a ticket until after I have spoken with them. If the driver immediately starts complaining and coming up with stupid excuses, I will be more inclined to write them a ticket. If they are cooperative and let me do my job, I tend to let them off with a warning. I could care less who gets a ticket. It's not like I ever see the money.

But there are always the situations where the supervisors and administration have taken officer discretion out of the picture. And since everything goes over the radio, they know if we don't follow our departmental policy.

The point is: cooperate and let us do our job. We'll be more likely to work with you and let you off.



The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
racin366 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
bedazzler , bedazzling , street racing

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1