Gotta love the police - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Gotta love the police

I don't mean to sound like a cry baby but I just get kind of upset when I have to throw money at stupid tickets. I could see if I was doing 100+ or drifting through a parking lot but no, the punk tells me I blew through a stop sign then he decides to fine me for that and my window tint that is legal by Ohio standards. Apparently his state **** buddy pulled up behind his car and said my exhaust was too loud. I was in no way a happy camper so I'm going to have a word with his chief and see if I can get the fines reduced, I really don't care to fork over $250 for something I didn't do.

Anybody else have some police stories?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say I actually did it. Lol it's always I didn't do it.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Yeah when I bought my 17 year old a well-used Mustang in Screaming Yellow with black Lemans stripes the local deputy in our small town pulled her over the very first night that she was out past 11. Supposedly for a "light", and gave her a verbal warning. I had just replaced every light on the car. I wrote the sheriff a letter thanking him for keeping an eye on my kid.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels

74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmissig61 View Post
Anybody else have some police stories?
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...es-please.html (Just one of the roughly fifty threads like this.)

As far as people admitting to it, well, there's a whole bunch of people admitting to it there, including me.

I admitted wholeheartedly to the officer and the judge that I was speeding, even willingly admitted how fast I was going, I just protested the added BS charge in my case.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

o boy! pig stories!! i have a few lol (none in my 00 GT, yet)

my dad got me a 92 foxbody hatchback, the 4 banger one b/c it was 16 and didn't need a 5.0. we were going to upgrade to the 5.0 but i got older and decided my career was more important... anywho.

first ticket i got was a "loud music ticket" $320 i think for having my stereo too high. it was only 3 10" subs in the back lol

then a speeding ticket. after the first speeding ticket (which i got out of b/c of the high school i went too and one of my classmates mom was the DA) i decided to try alternative methods instead of going to the court and talking to the judge directly for a reduce in the fine or traffic school. i decided to try out the Written Declaration. now im in California, so I don't know if this is available in Ohio or other states; but I'd give it a try.

Here is what I've done for the past 4 speeding tickets (again, in my 4 banger 92 RED mustang). IF your state allows for the Written Declaration option for fighting a ticket.

1. Go to the court on the court date that the officer writes on the ticket. You will stand in line, with all of the other pissed off and mean looking people. When you talk to the clerk, all you are going to do is say that you would like to request a trial by written declaration. He/She will ask if you want to pay now or later; I usually say later so I can save up some money over the next month or two. After you get the paperwork from the clerk, there will be a NEW court date on the paperwork. Usually about a month or two, maybe 3 months from that current date. This new date is when you have to submit the written declaration to the court. When writing the letter; add some truth but also add some BS. (Example; my car is a 4 banger and cannot accelerate that quickly to reach those speeds OR the officer did NOT calibrate their radar/lidar gun - both guns DO need to be calibrated).

2. On your new court date; go to court, submit the written declaration and the bail amount. After that; the officer will be notified to write his/her letter. At this point; it has been several months since the ticket violation and the officer may forget to submit the letter or may not remember all the facts. If the officer doesn't write a letter, the case is dismissed and you will receive a full refund and no point on your record. If the officer writes the letter it will then go to the judge and the judge will review both letters and decide.

3. If the judge finds in favor of you; the case is dismissed and a refund will be sent to you and no point on your record. If the judge finds you still guilty you can request a Trial di Novo (in California anyway) which is a second trial where you meet the judge and talk to him.

4. If you request for a new trial, a new court date will be set. Usually a month or two later. Go to the court on that date and speak with the judge. The officer may be present but if not the case is dismissed and you get a refund and no point. If the officer is there; you can plead with the judge and ask for a reduced fine and traffic school so no point is on your record. At this point you are a good 6+ months from the ticket date and the officer won't remember every detail about what happened which gives you the advantage.

The outcome is very good using this option but it takes a lot of time and patience.

2000 Mustang GT Convertible - BBK CAI, Trick Flow 70mm Throttlebody/Plenum and Stack Racing Spacer, Accel Super COP's, Full Length SubFrame Connectors, Flowmaster SuperFlow 44's, 91 Octane Bama Tune, more to come...
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
No wonder California is so screwed up.

Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
No wonder California is so screwed up.
hahaha. well i love the socal weather. nothing like having my convertible top down driving to work at 3pm in the afternoon, sun shining and a comfortable 70 degrees. aside from that; the police are assholes.

2000 Mustang GT Convertible - BBK CAI, Trick Flow 70mm Throttlebody/Plenum and Stack Racing Spacer, Accel Super COP's, Full Length SubFrame Connectors, Flowmaster SuperFlow 44's, 91 Octane Bama Tune, more to come...
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman03 View Post
the police are assholes.
Rodney King will agree with you there

missing my GT..
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
It was 62 here today. Raleigh was warmer and down by the coast probably around 75. And every weekend for 4 months during the winter I drive 2 hours west to go skiing.

California is a beautiful state, but it's not the only beautiful state. And I enjoy the freedom that comes with low taxes, low insurance costs, and a much more limited state government.

Apprentice

Quote:
hahaha. well i love the socal weather. nothing like having my convertible top down driving to work at 3pm in the afternoon, sun shining and a comfortable 70 degrees. aside from that; the police are assholes.

Great... more cop bashing. Cops are just doing their job just like anyone else. Yeah, there are some idiots out there who are only being dicks because they were pushed around in high school but you are gonna find that in just about any job.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
It was 62 here today. Raleigh was warmer and down by the coast probably around 75. And every weekend for 4 months during the winter I drive 2 hours west to go skiing.

California is a beautiful state, but it's not the only beautiful state. And I enjoy the freedom that comes with low taxes, low insurance costs, and a much more limited state government.
lol u got me there with the taxes.

GT Member
4.6L Member

I'm glad this retard thinks the chief is gonna give a crap about his stupid tickets. You must live in a small town if you can just "have a word with his chief."

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
When writing the letter; add some truth but also add some BS. (Example; my car is a 4 banger and cannot accelerate that quickly to reach those speeds OR the officer did NOT calibrate their radar/lidar gun - both guns DO need to be calibrated).

At this point you are a good 6+ months from the ticket date and the officer won't remember every detail about what happened which gives you the advantage.
First, how can you prove the officer didn't "calibrate" his radar/lidar?

Second, they don't calibrate them. They test them. Only the manufacturer or a trained technician can calibrate the instrument.

Lastly, cops write notes. Plus they can remember most traffic stops, especially the ones involving the "finer citizens" of their jurisdiction. But maybe I only speak for myself

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Law Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Law Dog
Wow

Usually when ya get pulled over in the first place,, it's because somehow you drew attention to yourself.

"Nothing is as fast as Cubic Dollar$"
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'm in VA- they love getting those $$$ for the Commonwealth. I got pulled over on New Years Eve- just after midnight- with my kids in the car. Supposedly for tint. The Jackass pulls me out of the car and makes me go through the entire Drunk Driver thing- standing on one foot, counting, walking in a line, shining a light in my eyes... all in front of my kids- nice huh? And why was I put through this on a supposed equipment violation? Joke was on him- I don't drink.

The other classic was when they set a trap that was like shooting fish in a barrel. In order to exit onto the highway on one particular road, you have to be in the right lane 2 full blocks in advance. Otherwise you have to drive over a white line, which is supposedly illegal. I was turning out of a gas station in rush hour and it was physically impossible not to cross the line. That guy sat there all day picking people off. I fought that one and still lost- I went in with diagrams, photos everything. And the judge AND the cop both apologized and said I was right, but that since I had crossed the line they were still fining me. It's cost me hundreds of dollars in insurance premiums because in this state even a simple violation like that counts the same in their eyes as a speeding ticket.

I have very little use for police.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bedazzler , bedazzling , street racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page