4.6 Festivus Airing of Grievances Thread. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012
74stang2togo

4.6 Festivus Airing of Grievances Thread.

It's a little late, but I feel we must have our Airing of Grievances, followed by the Feats of Strength.

Begin!

Oh, and 4.6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012
74stang2togo

I'll start.

Where did our "4.6 Talk About Anything Thread" go?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

That one kinda irks me. Deleting it from existence seems a little bit China-ish. The title was "Talk about anything", it was posted in the Talk subsection, and we were talking. Was even one of the more civil threads around here, for all the ********* that was going on in there was really no flaming to speak of. I fail to see the problem.

I don't take issue with the forum mods performing their appointed duty, which is to moderate, but I do sometimes question the methods and intentions involved. And as others have alluded to, politics seems to have come into play on this one. Clean-up/delete this thread over here, while seemingly ignoring that thread over there.

Deleting threads from existence btw, is rarely actually necessary and is otherwise lame imo. If as a moderator, one sees a particular thread as unproductive or useless, just lock it.

My only question about all this newfound moderation the 4.6 section is on the receiving end of is, why now? I've been a member here for a year and a half, and in that time I have seen more mod activity in the last two weeks than the rest of that time combined. IMO, aside from a few butthurt's that couldn't hang, I'd say we've been doing just fine without any lawful presence. Actually, the whole "AFM 4.6 Section: Where the Weak Are Killed and Eaten" has been one of the more redeeming factors of this place.

That's my two cents.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012
GT Member

Garage
I think we should first take out hats off and pay respect to those who are missing or have been wrote up, 4.6 times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	148817  

Mods = None. (well maybe just a few)
DB-Performance Tune: 634rwhp @ 6000rpm , 609rwtq @ 4000rpm, (500rwtq @ 2500rpm)

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Honestly, I believe that we need a real moderator for the 4.6 section. Things did get a bit out of hand, mainly because people were trying to see what they could get away with.

I believe said moderator needs to be a more senior member who has spent a lot of time in the 4.6 section and knows the personalities that are involved and can adjust accordingly.

What he needs to be more than anything is consistent and tech saavy. Not like previous moderators like Hotshot or JudiStang. He needs to be able to combine threads that always talk about the same thing into a single one. He needs to know how to be firm with people when needed, and let things go sometimes to let people get the right message that bad information will not be tolerated.

I was offered the moderator position a few years ago, when Scott still owned the forum and was told that I had to go through a "training program" to be a moderator, on which I declined. I have owned a forum that was bought out by autoguide way before this one, and was an administrator. I know how to use VBulletin better than anyone currently active as a moderator or admin on this site. I wasn't going through his political correctness class on how to deal with idiots around here.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

lets vote bullitt in

WHO HERE THINKS BULLITT5339 SHOULD BE A MODERATOR

01 Gt Vert 4r70w

[4.30's][ bullitt intake]
[Flow's 40 series][ BBK H PIPE <-- Dont buy]
[stock tq converter ][Sct Canned 93 tune]
[Driver Mod][ [email protected]]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I don't want it....................

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy21 View Post
lets vote bullitt in

WHO HERE THINKS BULLITT5339 SHOULD BE A MODERATOR
Now you done it.

This thread was still on-topic until then.

Now it's off-topic and will end up being the next thread to mysteriously disappear without explanation.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Airing grievances? Where should I start? Sh*t happens, but life goes on. Hoping to save my home and get back to some plans for the Mustang. Let me know when its time for the feats of strength, that's what I was born for.

As far as moderator, its a thankless job. I was asked once, but didn't have the time, and let's be honest, I'm a bit too offensive for that anyway though I've been biting my tongue a lot lately. There will always be people that get butthurt over anything, and there will always be people that enjoy really get a kick out of making sure the former lose their sh*t. Its fun to watch it happen though, I'm sure there are a few people that have asked about tuning without a tuner or what gears that are still frothing at the mouth.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
afm ruled by nazi's , chinese democracy , don't delete me bro! , i haz infraction -eddy21 , roll tide , thisthreadwillbedeleted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page