FoMoCo01's Build Thread - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

FoMoCo01's Build Thread

Hey guys, thanks for checking out my build! So first off, I'll start off with a little bit about myself. My name is Chris, I'm 21 years old and I am a Tech at a Mustang Tuning/General Repair shop up in Broomfield. I graduated from Lincoln Tech (The old campus) a little over a year ago and I'm working to get my master certifications. I drive a 94 civic (With exhaust =P) as a daily driver, but my project car is a 2001 Mustang GT. I bought the car from my mom and she had owned it since it was brand new back in 2001. I put the car in storage about 2 years ago and started to order parts for what I thought would be a realatively low budget build, but decided that wasn't for me and if the car was going to be a project that it would pretty much be a ground up project. I started off drag racing the car at bandimere when it had just minor bolt ons, but got bored with it pretty quick and decided to try something new. Since then I've been autocrossing the car and I'm looking forward to start HPDE when the car is finished. Heres the current list of mods that are in the car/in the works right now. Maximum Motorsports K member, solid steering shaft, MM caster camber plates, tubular front control arms (1.5 inches forward offset and delrin bushings), MM bumpsteer kit, MM solid steering rack bushings, MM solid motor mounts, Tokico D spec shocks (Coil overs up front), XL full length subframe connectors, MM panhard bar, MM heavy duty torque arm (converted to 3 link rear suspension), MM adjustable LCA's, MM adjustable rear sway bar, torque arm rear springs, MM 6 point roll bar, kirkey intermediate road race alum seats w/ custom built seat brackets, 3.73 rear gears, torsen t2r rear differential, alum driveshaft, comp xe262ah stage 1 cams, kooks long tubes, kooks catless x, bassani catback, more bolt ons..., cobra brakes all around (Going to upgrade after engine build), spec stage 2 clutch, silver fr500 wheels, nitto nt01's all around (275's front, 315's rear). All the work was done by myself and my buddy from work helped me with all of the welding. As for the engine and trans, the old one will be coming out this summer and it's going to be replaced with an MMR Mod 900 Shortblock 4.75 Stroker 9.1:1CR , Trick flow ported 2v heads, CMS stage 2 blower cams, kenne bell 2.6H, MMR return style fuel system, and an MMR 750 5 speed trans. I've got a few small projects going on right now that I will post pics of later, but at the moment I'm pretty much just waiting on the rest of my engine parts to get here. Thanks for checking out my build and heres some pics! Let me know what you think!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
carbon fiber , kenne bell , maximu motorsports , mustang , torque arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page