Tires sizes and brands..Need feedback, here's my choices - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Tires sizes and brands..Need feedback, here's my choices

I've got stock rims right now on an 02' GT, however I'm going to be upgrading to 17x9's I think all the way around with 03-04 Cobra rims after taxes get back however, it's just I need tires NOW!! Anyway I was wondering after doing a lot of research which ones you guys have had the best luck with. I'm looking at a a few different ones and didn't know if anyone has tried them. This car's a daily driver, no track time of any type, but I do like diving into an on ramp hugging the rail at 70 in third gear. My size is going to be a 275/40/r17, but I was wondering about going beefier to a 285/40/r17 but I didn't know if they'll fit all the way around-I don't like to stagger because I like being able to rotate them. I'm deciding on the Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Fuzion ZR1, and the Falken ZIEX ZE 512. I have a vast unsderstanding of the UTQG ratings so that's not an issue, but we're talking about these cars which not several types of vehicles which the reviews are compiled of. Currently it's not lowered which is my next step and I will probably drop it no more that 1.5". I'm looking to see which one's get the best wear vs. ride sacrifice, road noise concerns, and ultimately handing under wet/dry and braking conditions. Penny for your thoughts

2002 GT
JLT CAI
Flowmaster 40 Cat Back's
Pro Force Performance TR-3650-highly updated
Exedy Clutch
MGW Shifter...nothing better!!
Ensuing money pit!!
Priceless....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012
PONY Member

Posted in both sections ?

2000 Spring Edition ZY Mustang GT Convertible ....BBK CAI , BBK 70 MM TB , Flows , Hypertech Tuner , Vogtland 1.6" Springs , Tokico HP , MM CC plates , Steeda flsfc's , Bullitt Calipers , D/S 13" rotors , 03 Cobra Alum 17" mini-spare , Chrome Saleen 18x9/18x10 , 265/295 35 Potenza's , sequentials , rear honeycomb , smoked headlites , tint , CDC Bar , Mach chin spoiler , black bullitt fuel door , speedster tonneau .
!996 Pearl White/Black Lincoln MarkVIII LSC .... stock
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllrgt View Post
Posted in both sections ?
Yeah. That's awesome.
OP - don't do this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sorry about that, I just wanted to get as much feedback as possible. I wasn't sure if the techie stuff stayed on that side and the general everyday discussion stayed over here.

2002 GT
JLT CAI
Flowmaster 40 Cat Back's
Pro Force Performance TR-3650-highly updated
Exedy Clutch
MGW Shifter...nothing better!!
Ensuing money pit!!
Priceless....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

That's how it's supposed to be, but there's some spillage. Members generally bounce between both sections. This thread could probably be fine in either section. It's not like we're nazis about what goes on here, but in general, one thread is enough.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
That's how it's supposed to be, but there's some spillage. Members generally bounce between both sections. This thread could probably be fine in either section. It's not like we're nazis about what goes on here, but in general, one thread is enough.
Especially when willy, socal, and rabbit are prowling around

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page