modding mustang gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

modding mustang gt

I have some question about modding my mustang gt:

1- can i go 400 whp with supercharging it if yes, what modes do i have to get?
2-how many whp to i have to get to have 500 hp?
3- what is the cheapest turbo kit or supercharging kit for mustang gt?
thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member

search button?

2000 Mustang GT Convertible - BBK CAI, Trick Flow 70mm Throttlebody/Plenum and Stack Racing Spacer, Accel Super COP's, Full Length SubFrame Connectors, Flowmaster SuperFlow 44's, 91 Octane Bama Tune, more to come...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
PONY Member

search... here is almost the exact same thread

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ustang-gt.html

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

400 hp N/A... no way jose, unless you count nitrous as "without supercharging"

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

First step.

Go to Adobe.com > Products > Photoshop CS5.5 > Trial > Select Operating system.

Then go to Google.com > Images > Dyno Sheet. New search > Orthographic grid paper.

Back to photoshop! > Open Image > [Dyno sheet] > Import image as new layer > [Orthographic grid].

Resize the grid to completely cover the previous dyno tune.

Select > Pen tool > draw a HP and TQ curve. Set this one lower. It will be your base tune or first dyno run.

Change the texture of your pen to a different color now. Or a dotted line. Just change it up. Now draw a different set of curves. This will be your Tuned result.

Now rasterize the lines so that they dont look too perfect.

Select > Text box > On the bottom of the sheet (or wherever it is located on yours) and overlay your new numbers over the previous ones as well as changing the car info and general details.

Go to allfordmustangs.com and svtperformance.com and post your new numbers along with your imaginary list of mods!

Put the results in your signature.

Black with saddle 1996 Mustang GT convertible. Manual. NPI, 2v 4.6L. Full bolt-ons.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
Rookie

ask the guys from americanmuscle they can help you
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimitz13a View Post
1- can i go 400 whp with supercharging it if yes, what modes do i have to get?
The first thing you'll need to do is get the suspension mode selection switch from an old VR4 so that you can switch between sport, race, and street.

Next, check with Crazy Hal's engines...
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt0525335 View Post
ask the guys from americanmuscle they can help you
Probably not a bad idea. Most of us here are moderately functional retards who barely are capable of pumping their own gas.

Here, I'll give a brief shot at answering your questions with some degree of accuracy.

1) Yes, 400rwhp is quite possible with supercharging, and it is about the max amount you want to shoot for on a stock shortblock. Above and beyond that number, forged internals become a necessity. You will need..... A supercharger, intercooler setup is good also, fuel system upgrades like larger injectors and higher capacity fuel pump. That's the short list, as there will likely be some little stuff I'm not thinking of at this moment. Figure 8-10 lbs of boost, intercooled and with a good tune will get you real close if not slightly over that 400rw mark.

2) Figuring a 15% parasitic drivetrain loss which is common for these cars, approx. 425 rwhp would equate to 500 at the flywheel.

3) Somebody's used crap is going to be the least expensive route. There is no such thing as "cheap".

And you guys are a bunch of dicks. This guy's new, cut him a little slack.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo View Post
The first thing you'll need to do is get the suspension mode selection switch from an old VR4 so that you can switch between sport, race, and street.

Next, check with Crazy Hal's engines...
You idiot, you can't use the suspension switch from a VR4. It's a German car, Mustangs are American. It simply won't work. You have to use one from a Thunderbird SuperCoupe. Thought by now this was common knowledge.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

haha you guys are ruthless

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
You idiot, you can't use the suspension switch from a VR4. It's a German car, Mustangs are American. It simply won't work. You have to use one from a Thunderbird SuperCoupe. Thought by now this was common knowledge.
Who's the idiot? The VR4 is freaking Japanese!

On top of that he just needs the switch.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

My bad, was thinking of a Passat or some crap. Lemme see now, you would be referring to a Mitsu 3000GT if memory serves me well?

Either way, I still think there are cultural differences and possible language barriers that need to be taken into consideration, and wouldn't just recklessly go around installing switches from one car to another especially when there could be a possible nationality based conflict. It's a real slippery slope, and I'm not saying it couldn't or shouldn't be done, but just know that it could be slippery and there could be unintended consequences. That's why I suggested using the T-Bird switch, 'cause you know it'll keep the funk down to a minimum.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe

74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
My bad, was thinking of a Passat or some crap. Lemme see now, you would be referring to a Mitsu 3000GT if memory serves me well?

Either way, I still think there are cultural differences and possible language barriers that need to be taken into consideration, and wouldn't just recklessly go around installing switches from one car to another especially when there could be a possible nationality based conflict. It's a real slippery slope, and I'm not saying it couldn't or shouldn't be done, but just know that it could be slippery and there could be unintended consequences. That's why I suggested using the T-Bird switch, 'cause you know it'll keep the funk down to a minimum.
I was thinking Galant VR4 (they're actually awesome, worked on and driven two of them).

Thing is, the switch is labeled in English, so I think it should be okay.
Banned
4.6L Member

Holy hi-jacked thread....
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet07 View Post
400 hp N/A... no way jose, unless you count nitrous as "without supercharging"
He said "with" a supercharger.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page