I....must....sig....that..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
Go put some GT springs in it and be done.
Why do you act shocked that anyone's confused? You're the only person in the forum that wants to lift their car higher. Like anyone's an expert at that.

"Oh, yeah... go buy Brand X Mustang lifting springs."
Its not like I am jacking if up like a 4x4 truck

Lastly, what exactly is your goal? You mentioned that the rear end seems to be sagging, and that somehow lifting it an inch and a half would make it perfect. Is it sagging that much, as if you have 300lbs of sh!t in the trunk? Do you just want the car to sit level, or do you want the ass end noticeably raised like a '70's musclecar? Clarify please.

My goal is to only have it sitting about a inch higher in the rear.
And I wasn't trying to be a ****, but I mean when I say hey I don't want to lower the car, just raise the rear and he comes back with pretty much the same answer...what can you expect?!

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetallone View Post
My goal is to only have it sitting about a inch higher in the rear. And I wasn't trying to be a ****, but I mean when I say hey I don't want to lower the car, just raise the rear and he comes back with pretty much the same answer...what can you expect?!
In your OP you never mentioned you didn't want to lower the car, all you said was that you wanted the rear to be higher than the front. I suggested getting some lowering springs that would slightly lower the COG of the car, but make the rear sit a little higher than the front. I answered your question exactly as you asked, so don't come here b!tching about me giving you the wrong answer when you didn't even have a clear question about what exactly you were asking. It looked more like you were throwing things out there asking for suggestions.

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
Performance: BAMA 93R Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears w/ Terminator spec T-Lok.
Planned Mods: FLSFC, Eibach Sway Bars, Throttle Body, Plenum, Rims.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAlsip View Post
In your OP you never mentioned you didn't want to lower the car, all you said was that you wanted the rear to be higher than the front. I suggested getting some lowering springs that would slightly lower the COG of the car, but make the rear sit a little higher than the front.
Exactly. I was the first to answer your question and said the exact same thing. Fordman even gave you links on lifting kits. You have been given the best advice the 4.6 forums have to offer. You have nothing to complain about.

Black with saddle 1996 Mustang GT convertible. Manual. NPI, 2v 4.6L. Full bolt-ons.
Banned
4.6L Member

Here's my .02
Don't lift the rear of your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page