What Do I need to Beat a 240SX SR40DET - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Why couldnt you beat it?

[email protected] that video. "Mia...I need NOS". LMAO!!

Those are good movies though.

The question is not when's he gon' stop, but who is gonna stop him? ~ Super Soul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86VERT View Post
Okay so I've managed to beat a [05-09] Mustang GT , And A Modded Srt-4 Neon [ Mods Unknown ] .. And I know these arent really fast cars but bare with me..

Uhm Big Mouth Assholes @ My work Drive Nissan 240SX's And swapped them with a SR40DET[ 2.0L w/ Turbo ] And believe me they are pretty fast STOCK, I remember I got pulled by one on my last setup .

I just wanted to know If anyone would have any Suggestions on what I should buy or do to help me beat one. Or atleast be neck and neck.. Thanks

Mods :

Built 283 ShortBlock,Ported&Polished PI Heads,Updated PI Intake,A/C Deleted,O/R Exhaust [ Mid Pipe & Mufflers ] ,c&l Intake, RamClutches Stage 2 Kit,FordRacing Cable & TOB ,Drilled&Slotted Rotors,Hawk Performance Pads,Energy Suspension Mounts. .

Alright, here's the deal man... we don't have a lot to go on, so I can only make generalizations here. These SR20DET 240s could be 9-second cars... so I can't guarantee you a win unless you're ready to drop serious coin. But let's just assume that they are the typical 12-13-second 240s, slammed on 18" radials. They might be making more power than you, but power isn't everything in a street/drag race.

Here are a couple of fundamental rules in umm, impromptu unsanctioned drag racing:

1. A chase is a race. If the cars are perfectly equal and you get out of the gate first, he's not catching you. Even if his car is a little faster, if you cut a perfect "light", he'll have trouble catching up. And by universally accepted rules of impromptu unsanctioned drag racing, if you get out first and he chases, it's a fair race. Take every advantage you can!

2. Traction is critical. He could have you covered by 100hp, but if you're hooked up and gone while he's sitting there spinning, he's not gonna catch you. This is where UPR Products figures into the equation. With a good suspension setup and sticky tires, you can dead hook on the street. Been there, done that.

My last bit of advice is this: roll racing is really just a comparison of power-to-weight. Real racing is from a dig. Set your car up to work from a dig and only race if it's from a dig. You'll beat "faster" cars all the time if you're on top of your game.

Wait, one more thing. Don't break the law or endanger anyone. That's bad.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Alright, here's the deal man... we don't have a lot to go on, so I can only make generalizations here. These SR20DET 240s could be 9-second cars... so I can't guarantee you a win unless you're ready to drop serious coin. But let's just assume that they are the typical 12-13-second 240s, slammed on 18" radials. They might be making more power than you, but power isn't everything in a street/drag race.
This is why he got the sarcastic-as-**** "NOS" answer with totally awesome Youtube video for illustration purposes from me.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post

Here are a couple of fundamental rules in umm, impromptu unsanctioned drag racing:

1. A chase is a race. If the cars are perfectly equal and you get out of the gate first, he's not catching you. Even if his car is a little faster, if you cut a perfect "light", he'll have trouble catching up. And by universally accepted rules of impromptu unsanctioned drag racing, if you get out first and he chases, it's a fair race. Take every advantage you can!

2. Traction is critical. He could have you covered by 100hp, but if you're hooked up and gone while he's sitting there spinning, he's not gonna catch you. This is where UPR Products figures into the equation. With a good suspension setup and sticky tires, you can dead hook on the street. Been there, done that.

My last bit of advice is this: roll racing is really just a comparison of power-to-weight. Real racing is from a dig. Set your car up to work from a dig and only race if it's from a dig. You'll beat "faster" cars all the time if you're on top of your game.

Wait, one more thing. Don't break the law or endanger anyone. That's bad.

Really Helped Thanks

" Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake "

Wait Til My VTEC Pops
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

You are going to have to run him cause he could be stock with mild boost and just be another 13 second car. These cars have potential just like the stang but it takes money and no how to exploit it.

Making power is easy on those cars I owned a 200sx with a sr20det swap (front wheel driver) and it put down 348 to the tires and it was quite the sleep with stock rims and a normal exhaust tip. Off the line it was a tire shredder but rolling it was a monster as it weighed 2400 lbs.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86VERT View Post
Really Helped Thanks
No prob dude. I've been there done that. I've seen everything from 13-second bolt on 240s to a 9-second 240 that used to drive around on 28" slicks and a few 45lb plates bolted to the spare tire well... Stuff's crazy.

But I am willing to help you hook up your car, if you want to put in the effort.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page