SVE Brake Calipers Any Good? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

SVE Brake Calipers Any Good?

I am looking to do a cobra brake upgrade for my next project, but the problem is that they do not make svt cobra brakes anymore and I do not wanna get re manufactured ones. So these are the ones that I was looking at to install. I was just wondering if anybody else had experience with them and whether they are any good. It says they are pbr calipers so they have to be pretty much like the cobras were right?

1994-04 Mustang SVE Cobra Style Front & Rear Brake Caliper Kit - Free Shipping at LatemodelRestoration.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Yes those are cobra calipers...they are identical to the ones on my bullitt!

Oh and by the way did you read??? LOL
"Our SVE Brake Caliper Kits include an set of New PBR "Cobra Style 2 piston brake calipers". & Matching rear calipers. These SVE Brake Calipers and mounting brackets feature a bright red powder-coated finish that is sure to make them stand out and be seen on your Mustang. "The SVE Cobra Style Brake Calipers"

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ya I read it but cobra style and cobra could be two totally different quality pieces. And on the cobra they were svt (special vehicle team) and these are sve (special vehicle equipment). I have seen brakes that were brembo "style" but would not perform even close to the original brembo, so I just wanted to make sure that these were quality pieces since they are not an svt item.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

But to answer the question yes these are cobra brakes... they are marked sve because the are not directly from ford.. they meet the specs of svt but are just not sold from svt!

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page