Let the mods begin to my 02 GT. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
Nice, are those the 9" front and 10.5" rear? I'm really wanting to get those for mine but I wanted to make sure the backs actually don't stick out of the body too far. They look just right on yours.

Also do our stock wheels have spacers to take out? I'm going to assume not since the backs sit in a bit...

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

2015 Chevy Colorado 4cyl, 6-spd manual
1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
Nice, are those the 9" front and 10.5" rear? I'm really wanting to get those for mine but I wanted to make sure the backs actually don't stick out of the body too far. They look just right on yours.

Also do our stock wheels have spacers to take out? I'm going to assume not since the backs sit in a bit...
Who ya talking to bud? But with my wheels in the back being 10.5 they fill Out the wheelwell very good and look so much better. And there is no wheel spacer either

2002 Black GT with 39,xxx miles, BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R Xpipe, BBK CAI, BBK 75mm Throttle body, C&L Plenum, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, SCT handheld tune and 17x10.5 Wrapped in NITTO 555R Drag Radials, MGW Short throw......2002 SC1 Saturn for my Daily Driver
"Nitrous is like a Hot Chick with an STD, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences"
Rookie

discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangfun101 View Post
I agree and the chin spoiler should have been on all the GT's. I forgot to thank AMChrisYoung for all the help and providing me with the discount code, awesome!
how did u get a discount code bro?

GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MustangMan_ View Post
Reread his post again and again and again until you understand how he got it. Also, a speeling course wouldn't be a bad idea either, I'll see if I can get you a discound code.

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
Performance: BAMA 93R Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears w/ Terminator spec T-Lok.
Planned Mods: FLSFC, Eibach Sway Bars, Throttle Body, Plenum, Rims.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MustangMan_ View Post
Send a PM to AMChrisYoung from American Muscle and he will get back to you with a code. Every little bit helps and when you buy something like a set of wheels and tires it helps a lot.

As for the wheels and tires, I got the following and they fit perfect:

Staggered Matte Black Bullitt Wheel & Sumitomo Tire Kit - 17x9/10.5 (99-04 All) - Free Shipping!

No spacers. They have my photos on their page now under their customer photos section.

Boise, Idaho
U.S. Navy (Retired)
Treasure Valley Mustang and Ford Club Member
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Also, look around American Muscles main page at the beginning of each month for sales and temporary discount codes, I had one for 10% off at one time but it was only good for that month.

Boise, Idaho
U.S. Navy (Retired)
Treasure Valley Mustang and Ford Club Member
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by qualls22 View Post
Who ya talking to bud? But with my wheels in the back being 10.5 they fill Out the wheelwell very good and look so much better. And there is no wheel spacer either
I was talking to the only person in the thread who posted the pictures of their car (the OP), since I was referring to a picture when I commented on how his wheel setup looked. Otherwise the question after that was for everyone, sorry didn't think I needed to specify.. Anyways thanks for the info

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
I was talking to the only person in the thread who posted the pictures of their car (the OP), since I was referring to a picture when I commented on how his wheel setup looked. Otherwise the question after that was for everyone, sorry didn't think I needed to specify.. Anyways thanks for the info
Lol it's no problem man just tryin to help ya out!

2002 Black GT with 39,xxx miles, BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R Xpipe, BBK CAI, BBK 75mm Throttle body, C&L Plenum, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, SCT handheld tune and 17x10.5 Wrapped in NITTO 555R Drag Radials, MGW Short throw......2002 SC1 Saturn for my Daily Driver
"Nitrous is like a Hot Chick with an STD, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences"
PONY Member

Garage
Sounds good, thanks

268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
Apprentice

Great upgrades, I personally love how the shorter black antenna mixes with the mach 1 lip.

4.6L V8 - Completely Stock - 5 speed Manual - Parchment Top Color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page