mustang v.s camaro - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Yea my moms v6 suv has like 290 hp, like jeese how come we only get 260 lol.

Sonic Blue 2003 Mustang GT, 75mm bbk throttle body, C&l intake plenum, bbk cai, sct handheld tuner, gt500 wheels, mach1 chin spoiler, h.i.d 8000k headlights, 3.73 ford racing gears, SR performance short shifter, SR performance subframe connectors, mac o/r h pipe, slp lm1 mufflers, and more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachyd23 View Post
Yea my moms v6 suv has like 290 hp, like jeese how come we only get 260 lol.
Because our cars are 10 years old with outdated technology. The 2v 4.6 motor was never all that powerful to begin with. But it was enough to get by 10 years ago.

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
PONY Member

not sure if this would be hijacking original thread but how would my 03 pullied cobra do against an 2010-2011 camaro ss?

2.8 Pulley , MAC 3" Cat-back 3.5" tips

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

True. How much can the block itself handle with forged pistons and all those goodys? Will it eplode around 430 rwhp? And you should do pretty good, try it out!

Sonic Blue 2003 Mustang GT, 75mm bbk throttle body, C&l intake plenum, bbk cai, sct handheld tuner, gt500 wheels, mach1 chin spoiler, h.i.d 8000k headlights, 3.73 ford racing gears, SR performance short shifter, SR performance subframe connectors, mac o/r h pipe, slp lm1 mufflers, and more to come!
GT Member
S197 Member

Roll LT1 Will win up top.... Dig = drivers race

I used to own both LT1 And LS1 Camaros....
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
Yeah LT1's are no slouch. Would be an interesting race.

Don't judge me but I was a Chevy guy for a couple years. I had a nice Red 1998 LS1 with LT's, 4.10's, intake, magna flows, and programer. But, unfortunately I crashed her. Camaro's are quick stock to stock the 5.7 walks all over the 4.6 mustang (Not the cobra). They are a little heavier but they start off at 310 HP we start at 265 I believe. So if you factor in the 200 lbs more the 1998 Camero weights into that equation it gives the mustang a little more advantage.

I would say if the Camero and Mustang had the same mods the camero would win they are beasts But, for some reason my camero would never hook up right at the track. They are a little sluggish of the line. But my 2003 mustang with 4.10's and Nitto 555 is just a bullet. I have a 2003 with CATs back magnas, Throttle body/plenum, 4.10's, SCT Tuner, lowered, Tokico blues front and back, and intake. I lost to a 2000 SS not sure what his mods were but I can tell you he wasn't blown or cammed, and usually if they have head work they sound more throaty and his didn't so I don't think head work either. They are just quick. BUT GOOD LUCK!
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMcMicheals View Post
Don't judge me but I was a Chevy guy for a couple years. I had a nice Red 1998 LS1 with LT's, 4.10's, intake, magna flows, and programer. But, unfortunately I crashed her. Camaro's are quick stock to stock the 5.7 walks all over the 4.6 mustang (Not the cobra). They are a little heavier but they start off at 310 HP we start at 265 I believe. So if you factor in the 200 lbs more the 1998 Camero weights into that equation it gives the mustang a little more advantage.

I would say if the Camero and Mustang had the same mods the camero would win they are beasts But, for some reason my camero would never hook up right at the track. They are a little sluggish of the line. But my 2003 mustang with 4.10's and Nitto 555 is just a bullet. I have a 2003 with CATs back magnas, Throttle body/plenum, 4.10's, SCT Tuner, lowered, Tokico blues front and back, and intake. I lost to a 2000 SS not sure what his mods were but I can tell you he wasn't blown or cammed, and usually if they have head work they sound more throaty and his didn't so I don't think head work either. They are just quick. BUT GOOD LUCK!
I don't argue any of that, but you're talking about an LS1 and not LT1 which were about 260-275 hp and what, 330 lb-ft or so. I've heard LS1's criticized somewhat for less power on the low end sometimes, but not sure about the LT1's. I do remember that an LT1 4th gen should be around a 14 second car generally, which is pretty close to our 99-04s.

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

2015 Chevy Colorado 4cyl, 6-spd manual
1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymanx3 View Post
not sure if this would be hijacking original thread but how would my 03 pullied cobra do against an 2010-2011 camaro ss?
you should easily whip it...I recently posted an article where even the GM guys were pissed they couldn't get a 2012 on street tires out of the 13s...it ran like 13.6
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
you should easily whip it...I recently posted an article where even the GM guys were pissed they couldn't get a 2012 on street tires out of the 13s...it ran like 13.6
It does really suck. They make good power outta the LS3 But the new camaro is just way to heavy. I watched a video where a 2011 SS With long tubes auto raced a stock 99 SS 6speed and the ls1 still pulled on it. The new camaro is a disappointment and should not even be called a camaro.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan Cheese View Post
It does really suck. They make good power outta the LS3 But the new camaro is just way to heavy. I watched a video where a 2011 SS With long tubes auto raced a stock 99 SS 6speed and the ls1 still pulled on it. The new camaro is a disappointment and should not even be called a camaro.
+1, just saw a 4th gen Z-28 and 5th gen side by side today in a parking lot, the 5th gen looked about a foot taller, that's the opposite of sporty in my opinion.

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

2015 Chevy Colorado 4cyl, 6-spd manual
1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
Banned
4.6L Member

yeah, it's fat and bloated...saw a real SS/RS 1968 Camaro today...too bad they didn't make it like that bad boy, smaller, leaner, has the right lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page