Turbo piping and manifold with bov - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Turbo piping and manifold with bov

hey guys i have just found a t56 here at the local salvage yard that im going to pick up tommorrow and i planed on supercharging my car after talking to a couple of people but i just came across a friend back home who is moving up in the size of his turbo from on3 and is going to let me get his old one i was wondering if there is a good place to get the piping i need with manifold and bov and all the cupplings for it? if you have any info please let me know thanks!

BLACK 98 COBRA - steeda tri ax short throw shifter with Bama sct tuner flow master 40s and 373 gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012
Rookie

A new full kit from on3 is about $1,700 and the turbo "head unit" itself only cost about $300 brand new.

So, you have to remember. On a "budget" turbo kit like on3. If the turbo unit itself is only worth $300 brand new. That means it has about $1,400 in piping and all of that other crap.

The expensive part of a turbo system isn't the turbo unit itself. Its the new manifolds and exhaust system. Then start stacking your induction piping and silicon couplings on top of that. You also have to remember the waste gate..which can run north of $150-$200 by itself.

In a nut shell, figure about a $1000-$1,400 for the rest. A good place to start for the parts...call on3 performance. See if you can get the instructions from your friend. See if the instructions come with an itemized parts list. After that, start with Google.

BTW....in my opinion, if your friend wants over $150 for that head unit. I don't think its worth buying it from him.

Car Show Source
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Alright cool will do thanks man

BLACK 98 COBRA - steeda tri ax short throw shifter with Bama sct tuner flow master 40s and 373 gears.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012
Rookie

Actually, its listed on there website what parts they use in their kit.

It also looks like this kit doesn't use any special header system. You can use your stock manifolds.

Kit includes:

Hot Side

• - Header to turbo (4 pipes total)
  • - Downpipes (From turbo to catback, includes merge to hook up to your catback: 3 pipes)
  • - Each pipe coming off the manifolds pre-welded with o2 bungs
Turbo piping and manifold with bov-2vhotsidelayedout.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-new2vphotos1.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-new2vphotos1-1.jpg

Turbo piping and manifold with bov-new2vphotos2-1.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-new2vphotos3.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-new2vphotos4.jpg

Turbo piping and manifold with bov-new2vphotos11.jpg

***The kit uses your stock manifolds or you can run a shorty header with our kit. Headers are not include nor are they required for the install. You will however need your stock manifolds on the car to get started
cold Side
  • - Turbo to intercooler
  • - Intercooler to throttle body
  • - All hot parts made of 304 Stainless Steel and 16 gauge material
  • - Cold parts are 304 Stainless Steel 18 Gauge
Turbo piping and manifold with bov-cold-new2vphotos6.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-2vcoldsidelayedout.jpg

Turbo Kit Accessories
  • - On 3 Performance 70mm, .70ar cold/.68 hot T-4 Flanged (Master Power & Turbonetics Options)
  • - 3" Core Bar and Plate Front Mount Intercooler (3" inlet and outlet)
  • - Stainless Steel upper radiator hose (Relocated to clear the turbo)
  • - 38mm On 3 Performance Wastegate (Black)
  • - (3) Wastegate springs – 3.6, 5.8, and 8.8psi springs
  • - 50mm On 3 Performance Blow-off Valve (Black)
  • - Custom CNC bent Stainless Steel power steering cooler line
  • - Complete Oil feed kit from block to turbo, includes all brass fittings needed
  • - Complete Oil drain kit from turbo to oil pan
  • - All 4ply/5mm Black silicone couplers
  • - T-bolt clamps
  • - All Stainless Steel 2 ˝" and 3" V-bands needed
  • - Stainless brackets to support turbo feed and downpipe
Turbo piping and manifold with bov-accnew2vphotos11-1.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-accnew2vphotos15.jpg

Turbo piping and manifold with bov-accnew2vphotos14.jpg Turbo piping and manifold with bov-accnew2vphotos13.jpg

Car Show Source
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012
GT Member

And that would be for the first gen kit they came out with years ago. Now they have a forward facing kit and it gets rid of a lot of pipe that way which helps with spool time making it less lagging then the kit you are talking about. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for my 2V FF kit but I did upgrade to a 67mm ceramic coated ball bearing turbo which is gonna be better than a 70mm for what I am doing. I would personally look into a whole kit from On3performance if I was you. You wana do this right so if you piece it together make sure you don't skimp on things. You will probably have people knock on there products but myself and many others are more than satisfied with the product. The turbo itself isn't always the cheap part I have seen some turbos get pretty pricey. Good luck with your build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Life is to short to live it pissed off cherish who and what you got while you can!
Free speech isn’t so free when it comes to protected classes and races, is it?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012
Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to Chris31505
Don't skimp out on buying cheap parts. "Do it once, do it right" otherwise you will spend more money later fixing things. Just keep that quote in mind. Good luck to you.

SilverHorse Racing
Engineering Manager / CNC Production
SHR: 321-722-2813
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page