Heavily Modified 99 gt fuel pump advice!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Heavily Modified 99 gt fuel pump advice!!

Hi Guys I am needing some advice as to what fuel pump I need to get for my 99 mustang gt. Not sure what to get that will work without modifying my tank. Stock replacement for the most part. Please dont suggest ideas only proven results that works. Please be knowledgable on your comments. A little info up front. I had stock cams with the xe270 comp cams when I took my car to the dyno with the sct tuner. They tuned only to 3k rpm and said my heads were hitting. I replaced my stock heads with 44cc trickflow twisted heads because of valve clearance related issues. I wanted to be sure so I went with the 44 over the 38ccs. Havent had it taken to the dyno yet because I need a maf sensor(still has stock) and a fuel pump (stock as well).

Here is my list of mods
44cc trickflow heads
Stage 2 comp cams xe270's
Aluminum intake manifold
75 tb and plenum
bbk long tube headers
steeda pulleys
bbk fuel rails
36 lb injectors
cold air intake
flowmasters
cop's ignition coils
platinum spark plugs
sct tuner
I have more mods but nothing to add horsepower.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

Walbro 255lph (get it on Ebay, about $100) with a Kenne Bell boost a pump, works great in my car, should easily handle yours, also the 90 mm lightning MAF is the one to get off Ebay as well, around $100...giddyup

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012
Apprentice

make sure you find a fuel pump that is for returnless systems. with your mods a stock fuel pump with a kenne bell boost a pump would be more than enough. or a svt focus pump.

412 rwhp 417 tq, 1999 gt , stock 4.6 sohc, 2.1 kennel bell, upr rear control arms, strange 10 front and rear, borla s type, built diff, 3.73, stage 3 snow performance kit.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

[quote=2Manystangs;3062851]Walbro 255lph (get it on Ebay, about $100) with a Kenne Bell boost a pump, works great in my car, should easily handle yours, also the 90 mm lightning MAF is the one to get off Ebay as well, around $100...giddyup[/qu
Are you sure the walbro 255 would fit my year stang? And any modifications or extras that I will need besides the boost a pump and fuel pump. And is the walbro for my returnless system? Yeah the reason I havent had it dyno again is because im getting the 90 maf sensor from american muscle and of course the fuel pump so I have all my corners smoothed out to get the maximum horsepower return on the dyno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page