Ford Mustang Forum banner

not low end power normal?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  smokin stroker 
#1 ·
hi iam new to this forum thing and mustang thing. a few questions about my mustangs performance.. first the car is a 2000 gt with automatic transmission. mods consist of jmod wich i love, bama custom tuning, k&n cold air intake, 410 gears, and custom exhaust. has stock 4 cat mid pipe but cut the crossover out of it to put glasspacks on and run them out in front of tires wich looks good id post pic but dont know how lol... to me this thing seems to b lacking low end power wont spin tiresat all from a stop but will shifting into second.. just wondering if this is normal and what is needed for some more low end power?

thanks

#2 ·
most cars arn't into their power band's until like 3k rpm and having such a free flowing exhaust might have lowered your back pressure to much which is what gives low end power.

#3 ·
thanks.so you think i hurt performance by doing the side exhaust? it originally had flowmasters out the back on it and still reeally no low end but thinking its just supposed to be that way? idk but i did hear that the hpipe give more power and i cut that part out. guess i can take a look at adding a crossover back in think that would help?

#4 ·
You want to have your exhaust connected at some point. true dual probably sounds like 2 four cylinders fighting eachother. Can't be good for low end either

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#8 ·
You want to have your exhaust connected at some point. true dual probably sounds like 2 four cylinders fighting eachother. Can't be good for low end either

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
well it sound pretty good has a nice deep rumble at ilde when i get on it its kinda loud popy loud not smooth like alot of stangs i hear. idk if that makes any sence to ya.. o and sound awesome under deacceleration.... get complements on how it sounds alot for only being on a week. i would like it a lil smoother sounding though..

#5 ·
You have to upgrade the torque conveter to wake up an auto , something 3000+ stall speed will allow you to flash to your power band instantly . With the gears and jmod you're on the right path .

#9 ·
think i will stop by the trans shop tomorrow and ask see what all they have to offer.. they built the trans for my powerstroke wich is heavily modified and my dads that pulls a trailer ALL the time neither trans has any issuse. if they dont tell me anything i like iam looking at the BOC 11in street strip. wich is basically just a modded mach1 converter thanks for the info though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.