what should i do about my mid pipe? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question what should i do about my mid pipe?

i have a BBK offroad X-pipe on my 2000 GT and it sounds really bad in my openion super raspy i have stock headers and stock catback with flowmaster 10 series. i am thinking about buying a UPR offroad X-pipe and replacing it. any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012
GT Member

Garage
To get away from the rasp you will need to go to a H pipe. The common rule I have heard is o/x is better with straight through muffler (slp, glass packs, and so on), and the o/h H is better with the chambered mufflers (flow master, magnaflo, and so on).

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012
PONY Member

Also your stock manifolds will cause the raspy noise also

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

okay thank you for your replys guys
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

i have an o/r h-pipe and magnapacks and the sound is ridiculously beastly !! it's SO beautiful and gets a LOT of compliments.

2003 Mustang GT - 5 speed 251rwhp, 309 ftlbs rwtq:
Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, O/r H-pipe(2.5"), Magnapacks, JLT CAI, McLeod Street Pro Clutch Kit, Steel Flywheel, Steeda Clutch Adjuster Kit, Steeda Tri-Ax Short-Throw Shifter, UPR Full Length Subframe Connectors, UPR Lower Control Arms, 31-spline Moser Axles, Yukon Dura-grip 31-spline Differential Carrier, Dyno Tune.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012
Rookie

i have an o/r x pipe and magnapacks and it's really deep and slightly raspy. to get away from the rasp completely you'll need an h pipe or maybe a catted x. also flowmaster 10's are just raspy in general, super 44's or 40 series are much better imo.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

yea i had pypes high flow cats on my bbk off road x-pipe it sounded as if it was stock again so i took them off iv been thinking about replacing my 10 series with 44 series flow's or magnapacks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkhuff View Post
yea i had pypes high flow cats on my bbk off road x-pipe it sounded as if it was stock again so i took them off iv been thinking about replacing my 10 series with 44 series flow's or magnapacks
If your seeking attention go with the magnapacks they sound amazing!

2001 Mustang Gt Bullitt, 105,000, mostly stock :nogrinner, 15% tint, led tail lights, Deep Dish Wheels, Nito 555's, shorty antenna, Head Turner.

Mac Off Road Chambered H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, SCT custom tuner, C&L Cold Air Intake, Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Under-drive pullies, modded IAC.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkhuff View Post
i have a BBK offroad X-pipe on my 2000 GT and it sounds really bad in my openion super raspy i have stock headers and stock catback with flowmaster 10 series. i am thinking about buying a UPR offroad X-pipe and replacing it. any thoughts?
UPR's off-road x-pipe does work and sound great, but yeah, it sounds like a muffler change is in order for you.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page