1999-2004 Wiper cowl vent for $111.37 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

1999-2004 Wiper cowl vent for $111.37

Found this last night: New Wiper Cowl Grille Black Ford Mustang 2004 2003 FO1270102 3R3Z6302228AAA | eBay plus FREE shipping!

I couldn't pass up the price so I ordered one. Thought I'd share this since most places sell it for $200 or more.

2003 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member

That's cheap! I wonder how the quality is, hence the low price.

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
Performance: BAMA 93R Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears w/ Terminator spec T-Lok.
Planned Mods: FLSFC, Eibach Sway Bars, Throttle Body, Plenum, Rims.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Fedex tracking says it will be here on the 28th. I'll let you know about the quality when I get it.

2003 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang V6

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoerr View Post
Fedex tracking says it will be here on the 28th. I'll let you know about the quality when I get it.
Great. If I decide not to sell my Mustang I might get one of them if the quality is good enough.

2003 Mustang GT
Intake & Exhaust: K&N FIPK CAI, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers.
Suspension: H&R Super Sport Springs, KONI STR.T Shocks & Struts, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, UPR Elite LCA's & UCA's.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

I must have misread the Fedex tracking, it now says its still in KERNERSVILLE, NC. Should be another day or so.

2003 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang V6
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Well got the cowl vent in today and I'm not to pleased with the quality. I guess you get what you pay for. First of all one of the two rubber standoffs located on the ends is broke off and nowhere to be found. Secondly there are none of the metal clips for fastening it down. Auto parts store doesn't carry them and Ford said I would have to buy a whole cowl to get the clips. I found two of the old clips but I need four more. Haven't decided whether I'll try to make this one do or send it back.
Bottom line, stay away from this one. Hope I didn't screw anyone over.

2003 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang V6
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Well got the cowl vent in today and I'm not to pleased with the quality. I guess you get what you pay for. First of all one of the two rubber standoffs located on the ends is broke off and nowhere to be found. Secondly there are none of the metal clips for fastening it down. Auto parts store doesn't carry them and Ford said I would have to buy a whole cowl to get the clips. I found two of the old clips but I need four more. Haven't decided whether I'll try to make this one do or send it back.
Bottom line, stay away from this one. Hope I didn't screw anyone over.
Thanks for sharing your experience, and I hope people will learn from it. I'm sorry to hear about the problem, but let us know if you get it figured out!

2003 Mustang GT
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Well I contacted Carpartswholesaler and explained to them the part was damaged and I wanted to return it and not exchange it because it didn't have the clips to attach it. Well they apoligized, refunded my money (already in Paypal account), and told me I could keep the part.
So it looks like I'll be trying to make this one work, for free!

2003 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang V6
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Well I contacted Carpartswholesaler and explained to them the part was damaged and I wanted to return it and not exchange it because it didn't have the clips to attach it. Well they apoligized, refunded my money (already in Paypal account), and told me I could keep the part.
So it looks like I'll be trying to make this one work, for free!
Nice, congrats! Let us know how it goes, and post some pics.

2003 Mustang GT
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Well DJAlsip,
I glued on a piece of plastic to hold the rubber standoff that was broken off and managed to find 4 more of the retainer clips at Pull A Part. They even let me have them for free!
I got it on today but it isn't sitting flush against the window at the passenger spray nozzle. I pulled it off and on several times checking the alignment but everything is going together as it should. I'm still not pleased with the quality but considering I got the cowl vent and the retainer clips for free I can't complain too much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0804121701.jpg
Views:	1398
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	161358   Click image for larger version

Name:	0804121702.jpg
Views:	1626
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	161359  

2003 Mustang GT
2003 Mustang V6
Rookie

I got mine on eBay too a couple of years ago and not satisfied with the quality either... Whats worse is that it consisted of two separate pieces(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page