Ford Mustang Forum banner

Has a 6.8 ever been done?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  thetallone 
#1 ·
This is kind of one of those curiosity kills the cat things. I hope i put this thread in the proper place. Ive seen a lot of stuff on here about swapping a 5.4 into a mustang but has any one seen/done/heard of anyone putting the 6.8l v10 in a mustang?

#3 ·
#4 ·
Motor Trend had a feature article on this car; as I recall they basically said that as a real-world car it was undriveable due to the copious amount of torque produced by the V10 engine. Guess they had a little problem controlling wheelspin:D

#5 ·
If I had money growing on trees I would definitely try to do this! This is the first time I have heard of such a swap and it sounds pretty sweet!

#7 ·
It would be very unique but not very cost effective. After reading your OP I started googling the idea and came across numerous forums on it. It's much cheaper to go FI on our 4.6's and get more HP that way...however, if I were to do it (which I won't...due to cost) the only benefit to it is the uniquness factor.

If one just wanted power, than supercharging the 4.6 is much more cost effective.

Like I said, putting in one of these V10's, porting the heads and intake and putting a custom exhaust would rendor a pretty cool, unique ride with decent power (not to mention the suspension upgrades to handle the extra weight up front and the extra torque through the transmission and the rear wheels)...but, who can say they owe a V10 Mustang!?!?

#8 ·
In the long run you can get so much more HP and Torque out of the V10.... if I had the money I would opt for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.