Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   4.6L Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/)
-   -   Painting My Pony, Opinions? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/442025-painting-my-pony-opinions.html)

GeaTea 04-10-2013 07:32 AM

Painting My Pony, Opinions?

3 Attachment(s)
Hiya guys,

I'm planning to repaint the whole car, and I'd like to know what color do you guys think I should paint it.

I've researched for ages and but eventually it all came down to 3 choices:

1- Repaint it the same color (True Blue): I like true blue, it's deep and can look really beautiful under some lighting conditions, in some others I dislike it.
[more pics of mine here: www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/212456-wheel-color-true-blue-03-gt.html ]

2- Paint it Sonic Blue: Sportier looking and more eye-striking, again, very beautiful in many lighting conditions, but in others it can be purpley which I really hate.

3- Mazda's Electric Blue Mica: My personal favorite, I'm "wow"ed every time I see it, and imo it looks so good most of the time.

Also, do you think I'm "betraying" my car's "heritage" if I paint it a non-ford paint?

Tominator 04-10-2013 10:07 AM

I say get what YOU like! I've seen that Mazda color and it POPS big time in direct sunlight.:worship

Big plus is that it will make your Mustang unique...and that's what it's all about.:hihi:

cape6 04-10-2013 11:22 AM

I own a sonic blue 05 mustang GT and love it. idk what it is about that color but it just looks good on mustangs.

wantsacobra 04-10-2013 11:29 AM

i would paint it back blue if you want it to be different add more pearl to the base then it will really pop:bigthumbsup

Quan Cheese 04-10-2013 12:33 PM

I was gonna go blue on mine then got competition orange and get many looks and compliments. Love it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

pmanchin 04-10-2013 02:52 PM

I went through the same dilemma and ended up going with black again. It was close to Sonic Blue though. Absolutely love that color.

PDM Designers

GeaTea 04-10-2013 04:31 PM

@Tominator: i love what you're saying :laughlitt appreciate it man

@cape6: it definitely is one of the hottest colors for a mustang

@Quan Cheese: competition orange is sexy as hell, yours is gorgeous! but personally I don't see myself going with anything other than blue.

@pmanchin: you can always get sonic blue side skirt stripes:hihi:

comporange04gt 04-11-2013 01:30 AM

Competition orange :gringreen

gtvert2000 04-11-2013 10:22 AM

If you have time, slide by a Ford dealership and look at anything painted "deep impact blue". It is absolutely amazing....and you'll still have a ford color.

GeaTea 04-11-2013 11:47 AM

@wantsacobra: very interesting idea!! thanks

@gtvert2000: deep impact blue was one of the options i considered, it's a lovely color! but I prefer sonic blue over it.

gtvert2000 04-11-2013 04:05 PM

well it sounds like sonic blue is what you really want. i wouldn't worry about who the manufacturer is of your paint- get what you want, you have to look at it every day. the mustang's success from day one was built around the customer's ability to option it out to their specific taste so each one could be unique....so make yours unique.

Tominator 04-12-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtvert2000 (Post 4110929)
well it sounds like sonic blue is what you really want. i wouldn't worry about who the manufacturer is of your paint- get what you want, you have to look at it every day. the mustang's success from day one was built around the customer's ability to option it out to their specific taste so each one could be unique....so make yours unique.

Yep! Talk to someone experienced in mixing. No matter the color there are additives that can make the color you choose unique either in a subtle way or 'eye popping' way....maybe some pearl....or a little flake...or both!:kooky:

And by varying your base coat ingredients yet more effects can be had. Stop by a custom shop and ask questions. It's a learning experience and finding out all the nuances of the possible combinations is another part of Hotrodding!:yup:

supersnake67 04-14-2013 10:42 AM

Grabber blue !!!!

xander09 04-19-2013 06:04 AM

my 02gt is true blue and i love it nice blue color in the day time and looks black at night

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

GeaTea 04-20-2013 05:57 AM

Thank you guys for all the opinions and great info! :smartass:

I'm hopefully gonna go with Mazda's Electric Blue :)