Painting My Pony, Opinions? - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which color should I repaint my car?
Stay True Blue 2 14.29%
GO Sonic Blue 5 35.71%
GO Electric Blue Mica 5 35.71%
Other (Please specify in a reply) 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Painting My Pony, Opinions?

Hiya guys,

I'm planning to repaint the whole car, and I'd like to know what color do you guys think I should paint it.

I've researched for ages and but eventually it all came down to 3 choices:

1- Repaint it the same color (True Blue): I like true blue, it's deep and can look really beautiful under some lighting conditions, in some others I dislike it.
[more pics of mine here: www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-talk/212456-wheel-color-true-blue-03-gt.html ]

2- Paint it Sonic Blue: Sportier looking and more eye-striking, again, very beautiful in many lighting conditions, but in others it can be purpley which I really hate.

3- Mazda's Electric Blue Mica: My personal favorite, I'm "wow"ed every time I see it, and imo it looks so good most of the time.

Also, do you think I'm "betraying" my car's "heritage" if I paint it a non-ford paint?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	543.7 KB
ID:	211601   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	520.5 KB
ID:	211609   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	733.1 KB
ID:	211617  

2003 Mustang GT - 5 speed 251rwhp, 309 ft·lbs rwtq:
Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, O/r H-pipe(2.5"), Magnapacks, JLT CAI, McLeod Street Pro Clutch Kit, Steel Flywheel, Steeda Clutch Adjuster Kit, Steeda Tri-Ax Short-Throw Shifter, UPR Full Length Subframe Connectors, UPR Lower Control Arms, 31-spline Moser Axles, Yukon Dura-grip 31-spline Differential Carrier, Dyno Tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

I say get what YOU like! I've seen that Mazda color and it POPS big time in direct sunlight.

Big plus is that it will make your Mustang unique...and that's what it's all about.:hihi:

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013
Apprentice

I own a sonic blue 05 mustang GT and love it. idk what it is about that color but it just looks good on mustangs.

05mustangGT

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013
Apprentice

i would paint it back blue if you want it to be different add more pearl to the base then it will really pop

1990 "whitefox" 1990 vert procharged 331 dss stroker custom tune by ASSC many mods to long to list it's a slooow process !
speed is just a question of money how fast do ya wanna go !
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

I was gonna go blue on mine then got competition orange and get many looks and compliments. Love it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
huberoy123 likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I went through the same dilemma and ended up going with black again. It was close to Sonic Blue though. Absolutely love that color.

PDM Designers

Mods
Jegs Off-Road H-Pipe
MGW Short-Throw
K&N FIPK
S&R Lowering Springs
Flowmaster Super 10's
Exedy Mach 400 Stage 2
Custom Tuned by Performance Evolution
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

@Tominator: i love what you're saying :laughlitt appreciate it man

@cape6: it definitely is one of the hottest colors for a mustang

@Quan Cheese: competition orange is sexy as hell, yours is gorgeous! but personally I don't see myself going with anything other than blue.

@pmanchin: you can always get sonic blue side skirt stripes:hihi:

Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, O/r H-pipe(2.5"), Magnapacks, JLT CAI, McLeod Street Pro Clutch Kit, Steel Flywheel, Steeda Clutch Adjuster Kit, Steeda Tri-Ax Short-Throw Shifter, UPR Full Length Subframe Connectors, UPR Lower Control Arms, 31-spline Moser Axles, Yukon Dura-grip 31-spline Differential Carrier, Dyno Tune.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013
Rookie

Competition orange
huberoy123 likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013
Rookie

If you have time, slide by a Ford dealership and look at anything painted "deep impact blue". It is absolutely amazing....and you'll still have a ford color.

2000 GT Convertible 5 speed
K&N CAI, C&L Plenum, Stack Racing 75mm throttle body, Flowmaster Super 44's, Ford Racing 373's
University of Parris Island, Class of 1997
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

@wantsacobra: very interesting idea!! thanks

@gtvert2000: deep impact blue was one of the options i considered, it's a lovely color! but I prefer sonic blue over it.

Rookie

well it sounds like sonic blue is what you really want. i wouldn't worry about who the manufacturer is of your paint- get what you want, you have to look at it every day. the mustang's success from day one was built around the customer's ability to option it out to their specific taste so each one could be unique....so make yours unique.

2000 GT Convertible 5 speed
K&N CAI, C&L Plenum, Stack Racing 75mm throttle body, Flowmaster Super 44's, Ford Racing 373's
University of Parris Island, Class of 1997
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtvert2000 View Post
well it sounds like sonic blue is what you really want. i wouldn't worry about who the manufacturer is of your paint- get what you want, you have to look at it every day. the mustang's success from day one was built around the customer's ability to option it out to their specific taste so each one could be unique....so make yours unique.
Yep! Talk to someone experienced in mixing. No matter the color there are additives that can make the color you choose unique either in a subtle way or 'eye popping' way....maybe some pearl....or a little flake...or both!:kooky:

And by varying your base coat ingredients yet more effects can be had. Stop by a custom shop and ask questions. It's a learning experience and finding out all the nuances of the possible combinations is another part of Hotrodding!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Grabber blue !!!!
Rookie

my 02gt is true blue and i love it nice blue color in the day time and looks black at night

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Thank you guys for all the opinions and great info!

I'm hopefully gonna go with Mazda's Electric Blue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page