99-04 blacked out mustang tail lights? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005 Thread Starter

99-04 blacked out mustang tail lights?

Hey, I have been looking in to getting some blacked out tail lights for awhile now for my 00 gt. I have been debating between black and a few other aftermarket lights. What do you think? Here is an auction I found on the black ones. Thanks for the help
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK...spagenameZWDVW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I don't know anything about those specific lights, but before dropping coinage on them I would make VERY sure that your local Deputy Dawg isn't going to hassle you for blacked out lights. Those look pretty dark. You might want to consider a lighter tint.

As an alternative, think about the 3m smoked taillight decals. If you get pulled over for blacked out taillight assemblies, Deputy Dawg can tow your car -- but if you have the 3M smoked tailight decal types, you can peel 'em off and go. ('course you'll be ripping of $70 in decals, but at least neither you or your car will be in jail.....)

-Jim-
2003 Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
#353 of 10th Anniversary Editions. Born June 9, 2003
BBK CAI, Magnaflow Catback, MGW Shifter, M/T Drag Radials
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005
PONY Member

Those are nice but pricey. I've got the overlays on mine. I was pulled over a few weeks ago. Thought perhaps because of the tailights but the trooper said it was because of the cover on my tags (illegal in MD). I told him I knew that since I am retired MD police officer. He made no mention of the lights. They are not completely black as you can see. Durng bright sun you can see the bulbs lighting up very well, well enough to keep you out of trouble anyway as far as I'm concerned. But as stated previously you can peel them right off if need be. They are nice and thick and you'd be hard pressed to see that they are overlays. Worth the money IMO.

Skip

2002 GT MG Vert

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005
4.6L Member

i have been wanting a set of these for a long time and they used to be sold thru my tuner (X2C motorsports).....well, the other day i went by the shop and the owner said he was closing down and was most likely gonna do the online parts retail thing......well, i never got the lights cuz they were askin about $240 for them, but now i regret it......now their website is down and i dont know if anyone is gonna market these to the stang community, but i wish they would.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005
4.6L Member

I had them on my old stang. They were pretty dark, but you could still see my brake light and turning signal through them quite well. They are only illegal here in PA at night time.
I only have a pic of the black outs on the front of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttercup.jpg
Views:	4976
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	10850  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page