Hows it goin guys? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to maddogg20
Hows it goin guys?

Hey, hows everyone doing? I just signed up because I'm a total mustang nut. I have a 98 gt that I am about done swapping the engine on. I got an engine from an 01 bullitt and im building it up to how I want it. pretty much all thats left is to finish porting and polishing the heads and put it back together and ill be good and ready to reinstall it. Itll be funny to see the look on peoples faces when I open my hood and theres an 01 bullitt motor complete with bullitt style manifold lurking under the hood of a 98 hehe.

Anyway have a good one :-)

01 Mustang GT 5 speed

03 Mustang gt 5 speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to carguy1985 Send a message via Yahoo to carguy1985
Welcome to the site. There are alot of helpful people and information here so if you need anything just post something =), thats cool. I wish i had the money to do what you are doing =), well good luck with your build, lets see some pictures of the car and engine.

Later

-Felipe, 2002 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Track Results = [email protected] 1.97 60' on 245/45/17 Street Tires
|Cold Air Intake|MAC 70MM Throttle Body|C&L Plenum|MM CC Plates|SCT Xcal2|Steeda Triax|Ford 3.73 Gears|Steeda LCA|FRPP "C" Springs|Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors|MAC O/R H-Pipe|MAC Catback|Strange Engineering 10Way Struts|8K H.I.D. Kit|Spec2|Nitto 555r 315/35/17 |
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005

Welcome bro, i just joined up also and everybody in here is really really helpful. Welcome...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
That's gonna be a nice engine when ya get done. One day I'm gonna have one of those 32 valve motors to piddle around with.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
Classic Member

Welcome! what all did you do to the Bullitt engine, I know that feeling my car looks pretty much stock but runs mid 11's. Pisses of the LS1 guys all the time and of course I always tell them its stock. Let see some pics of that beast.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005
GT Member
4.6L Member

Welcome! - yeah, let's see some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08_28 036.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	11886  

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005
mbhmustang1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
Welcome! - yeah, let's see some pics.
Thats a sweet engine bay meatball now get some track times!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005
Apprentice

Welcome to the site

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to maddogg20
I stuffed the engine with all forged internals. The compression is about 10.9 now, and My friend and I got bored with my air conpressor and die grinder, so I went to get a porting kit and I did a pretty sizable port on the intake side of the heads and a port and polish on the exhaust side, not to mention that I pretty much ground the emissions mask off. I still can't believe that the headgasket torque was only 31lbs!! I'm still amazed at that. Thats spec btw.

01 Mustang GT 5 speed

03 Mustang gt 5 speed
4.6L Member

Cool! You were I was a year and a half ago........"Engine out but, modded to hell"......Good luck! Hope she runs Well!!!
TK
btw-if yo have any 98 ?'s I can help.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page