Mod Money - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005 Thread Starter

Mod Money

Just wondering where you guys come up with the extra money for some of these nice modded stangs I'm seeing, I'm saving a little from each paycheck and then I will spend it all at once trying to knock off as many mods from my list as possible, so I really will only buy mods for my stang once a year. Just wondering how you guys do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
That's pretty much how I do it too. Save some money here and there and blow it on go fast goodies. My mod money comes from the same pile as the home improvement money, so mods take second priority a lot of the time. Once we move and get out of this particular house that's gonna get freed up a lot though

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
Classic Member

I'm twice the age of most of you guys, wife and I both have good jobs and no kids so....
we spend it on our cars.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to carguy1985 Send a message via Yahoo to carguy1985
Im very lucky to have parents who pay for my car insurence and i live at home since i am in college. So my work paycheck goes toward savings,gas,g/f,and car

-Felipe, 2002 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Track Results = [email protected] 1.97 60' on 245/45/17 Street Tires
|Cold Air Intake|MAC 70MM Throttle Body|C&L Plenum|MM CC Plates|SCT Xcal2|Steeda Triax|Ford 3.73 Gears|Steeda LCA|FRPP "C" Springs|Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors|MAC O/R H-Pipe|MAC Catback|Strange Engineering 10Way Struts|8K H.I.D. Kit|Spec2|Nitto 555r 315/35/17 |
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsfunk
I'm twice the age of most of you guys, wife and I both have good jobs and no kids so....
we spend it on our cars.

Man I dunno how old ya think some of us are, but I'm guessin we're a bit older than you think. I'm pushin 30 myself. I just refuse to act it. My wife and I are in the same boat, great paying jobs and no kids.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005 Thread Starter

well I am only 24 and my wife and I don't have any kids but together we are trying to pay off her school loans and save for a house. So I just save what ever extra money I make for my stang. It's all about budgeting

Last edited by stangjunkie04; 10-26-2005 at 10:00 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
Classic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03
Man I dunno how old ya think some of us are, but I'm guessin we're a bit older than you think. I'm pushin 30 myself. I just refuse to act it. My wife and I are in the same boat, great paying jobs and no kids.
Ok twice might be pushing it. :laughlitt But I bet I have more grey hair than most of you. LOL
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Ok twice might be pushing it. :laughlitt But I bet I have more grey hair than most of you. LOL
-- well, I keep mine pretty short but spent fair amount of time at Detroit Draqway on Sat. nights watching then-new Thunderbolts stage against the Ramchargers.
Same here, 57 & no kids - who deserves a toy more than me? Sounds like you have your priorities right - pay off the loans, save some for rainy day, buy the wife some flowers occasionally, and if there's some $ left over for the car - cool.

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

Some of my mods have been B-day/Christmas presents and the rest have been purchased with the extra money I get when I work full time during the summer. I'm slowly learning that E-bay is your best friend.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Hey as long as you still have hair on your head, you're doing good!!

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
Grabber Blue w/white stripes, HID's, FRPP Suspension, Borla Stingers.
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to carguy1985 Send a message via Yahoo to carguy1985
I am 20, lol its cool my dads 46 and he and i are rebuilding his 1957 Chevy Belair, putting in a 383 Motor in it. Anyhow its fun to mod but costly as we have said, Yes ebay is the best bud you cna have.

-Felipe, 2002 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Track Results = [email protected] 1.97 60' on 245/45/17 Street Tires
|Cold Air Intake|MAC 70MM Throttle Body|C&L Plenum|MM CC Plates|SCT Xcal2|Steeda Triax|Ford 3.73 Gears|Steeda LCA|FRPP "C" Springs|Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors|MAC O/R H-Pipe|MAC Catback|Strange Engineering 10Way Struts|8K H.I.D. Kit|Spec2|Nitto 555r 315/35/17 |

Yea about that ebay. One question. Can you really trust it!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005 Thread Starter

I wondering that myself, I have yet to buy off ebay but some of the prices are pretty good.
mbhmustang1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangjunkie04
I wondering that myself, I have yet to buy off ebay but some of the prices are pretty good.

I have bought m tranny cooler, not installed, PI intake, PI cams, K&N FIPK, intake spacer..my old 97 cobra rims all off ebay with good deals and great products. I save up here and there to mod mine but its taking along time, i am 23 and have a daughter and i live with her and her mom but pay most of the bills so i dont have alot extra. It also pays to make friends in the biz that can hook u up. I considering selling my soul for a supercharger on ebay, but figured i wont get enough out of it.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

You generally do well with Ebay as long as you're careful. Always check the sellers feedback from other buyers. If there is anything you are leery of, find another seller.

I bought my FIPK and Predator Tuner on eBAY. The (brand new in box) FIPK was more than $50 cheaper than the online retail price, and the (used) Predator tuner was >$200 less than a new one.

Oh and by the way -- I'm 41, married with only one kid. We both make good money and I put money aside for mods and "toys". Of course if push comes to shove, family needs and house expenses come first, but that's not usually an issue.

-Jim-
2003 Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
#353 of 10th Anniversary Editions. Born June 9, 2003
BBK CAI, Magnaflow Catback, MGW Shifter, M/T Drag Radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page