Purchasing a stang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005 Thread Starter

Purchasing a stang

I was thinkin bout saving up and getting a GT. How would you say the stock performance is. Like does it feel powerful or no? Quick off the line? After riding in my friends Mach 1 i decided that stangs are alot cooler than i had previously thought. So how much would a GT run me in ok condition i see alot on auto trader and the such for under 10g's. Are those normal prices or are they scams. For example some of these:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...6&aff=national

Sorry for long urls but how are these for purchasing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005
GT Member
4.6L Member

Those look like okay cars though I personally would look at something w/less miles on it.
I'd review Kelly Blue Book prices when comparing. There are tons of Mustangs around for sale. Mach I's have the 32-valve motor same as Cobras and are definately stronger than stock GTs. My advice is to get the best car you can up front, even if it costs a bit more. That might mean low miles and not abused. GT's 1999 & newer have 260hp, or about 225rwhp. I'm 57 and the 96 in my sig is my first Mustang; have a 2nd one waiting for me to go pick up in Chicago this weekend. Look at folk's Galleries for pics.
Don't forget EBay & Deals on Wheels, Vhix.com, your local paper. Good luck. You're in Mechanicsville?

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005 Thread Starter

Yeah Mechanicsville. Looks like its time to start savin and hopin for a graduation prez like my bro. so how much will i be lookin at. And i also see 96 cobras for under 10k, but im thinking if i find one for under 10 it will prob have to many miles(under 100k) so should i just stick to 99 and up. Also im going to school to be a mechanic and am looking for a job that can help(work at dominos now). And i dont get out of school till 3:30. Anywhere i should look?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005 Thread Starter

Also how is the reliability? And how much is upkeep? Expensive, Cheap(honda,toyota, etc), Moderate?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005
4.6L Member

A Mustang is a great car , and the reliability is above avg. !

If you do the perventive maintenance , A Mustang will not give you any problems !

As for the performance, your looking at a mid to low 14sec car , if you know how to drag race maybe you can get it into the high 13`s with a stock Stick , well depending where you live ! low altitude helps !

Good luck looking !

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005 Thread Starter

thanks for the info i cant wait to get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page