2004 no heat need help PLEASE!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006 Thread Starter

2004 no heat need help PLEASE!!

Hi guys I just found this forum and it looks like ya'll have it goin on here.

Here is my prob. My wife has a 2004 v6 stang. Last night on her way home it wouldnt throw hot air. It was about 35 degrees outside. Then she said it started running rough and she didnt think she was going to make it home due to poor acceleration.

This morning I Took a look. There was definitly some coolant loss and after adding some coolant/water mixture I started it up. It seems to be running ok at this point but still wont throw warm air.

She recently had it flushed and filled and noticed it was slow to warm up after that.

I checked the oil and it looks ok. No smoke or steam from the exhaust.

I'm wondering if it could be the thermostat or heater control valve? I can change a thermo but dont know anyting about any control valves.

Unfortunatly it is 100 miles past warranty and recent events dont leave a lot of money for repairs, so any help, advice, input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Roy

Dang it> this posted in the wrong section. I'll try to move it to the V6 section. Or maybe a mod can do it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I'd check the thermostat.

Does the temp guage ever get up to a good operating temp? If not -- the thermostat is probably stuck open. That's a cheap fix and you can probably do it yourself.

-Jim-
2003 Black 10th Anniversary Cobra
#353 of 10th Anniversary Editions. Born June 9, 2003
BBK CAI, Magnaflow Catback, MGW Shifter, M/T Drag Radials
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006
GT Member
4.6L Member

and if you replace the therm, use a 180 not the 192? stocker.

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page