2000 GT Revival - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2000 GT Revival

I miss my car. I love my car
I cant tell you how many times I have said those words in the last two years since its been parked. I parked the car with a load low engine knock courtesy of a buddy that was supposed to do some work on it.

I can't stand it anymore I'm getting my car back on the road. This is what I can guess I'll need. If you see anything I missed please let me know.

List to Buy:
decent 4.6 PI engine
clutch
Fuel tank
Fuel Pump
Fuel Lines
Cloth interior
Black paint and flattening agent

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014
PONY Member

The only thing worse than biting off more than you can chew is doing it with your friends car. It's not the end of the world, just find someone else. If your buddy hasn't done it by now it's not happening. He probably meant well just wasn't experienced or overconfident. Get on that horse and ride. Enjoy getting back on the road.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Oh I gave up on him when my car showed back up in my driveway and he was nowhere to be found. Looks like I have a good shot at getting an 03 the was totaled out. Yes it is rear end damage only. If so I hope to rob a lot of what I need off it. The plan is to buy a stock engine to drop in and then build something for later down the road. I figured I would just build the one I take out but the more I read the more I'm thinking a DOHC with turbo would be the way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page