Cams Recommendation for 1999 Mustang GT Daily Driver? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nyt_Muves
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwondi View Post
Yes, they have a definite and pronounce lope. Yes, you will need springs.

Thanks Mark,

What kind of gain would these give over a standard PI cam?

BULLITT #04385
Gone but never forgotten, Died Valiantly
New Project: Putting 92 5.0L drivetrain into 83 RX7
Built by MAZDA shaken by FORD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to markwondi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves View Post
Thanks Mark,

What kind of gain would these give over a standard PI cam?
roughly 25rwhp...

4.6L Member

On modular mustang racings website it says that the notched pistons are required for the stage 2 and higher cam. Its the only place that I have seen were it says it is required, is this necesary?

Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan98 View Post
On modular mustang racings website it says that the notched pistons are required for the stage 2 and higher cam. Its the only place that I have seen were it says it is required, is this necesary?
no. if the cams are properly degreed, they will be fine.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan98 View Post
The only place I have seen where valve reliefs are needed is when a lot larger valves are used. TEA stage II heads have bearly larger valves and dont require reliefs, but the stage III heads require them with 270 cams. I am sure mark is going to go agianst this remark. But with stock valves you will not have any problems.

1998 GT Saleen replica
New forged internals w/cobra crank, TEA CNC ported heads w/ comp cams XE270AH, AccuFab throttlebody and plenum, Spec III clutch, TKO 600 trans, aluminum drive shaft, 3:73 gears, BBK long tube headers, 255lpm intank fuel pump, Dyno tuned, Polished Procharger D-1sc 12psi, 3 core intercooler. SVO hood and 18in Budnik wheels w/toyo tires. Caster/Camber plates BBK lowering springs. Car web page
Comp cams XE262AH,T-45 with tri-ax shifter for sale
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I am sure mark is going to go agianst this remark. But with stock valves you will not have any problems.
I would never :hihi:

Seriously though, i've had manley and ferrea oversized valves, comp 270's and i've always had MORE than enough clearance. I still say someone didn't know how to degree an OHC engine too well
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
I would never :hihi:

Seriously though, i've had manley and ferrea oversized valves, comp 270's and i've always had MORE than enough clearance. I still say someone didn't know how to degree an OHC engine too well
He has put in more then 20 sets of cams/heads in 4.6's. He didn't have any problems putting them in stage II TEA heads same cams I sold mine to the guy. It reads on TEA site that you have to cut releifs for comp 270's with stage III heads. MAybe if he had of taken the advance out he would of had clearance but he never had any clearance to degree the cams. So I dont know I know you have built a lot of engine and have a lot of knowledge on engines. So maybe you could have got them to work.

1998 GT Saleen replica
New forged internals w/cobra crank, TEA CNC ported heads w/ comp cams XE270AH, AccuFab throttlebody and plenum, Spec III clutch, TKO 600 trans, aluminum drive shaft, 3:73 gears, BBK long tube headers, 255lpm intank fuel pump, Dyno tuned, Polished Procharger D-1sc 12psi, 3 core intercooler. SVO hood and 18in Budnik wheels w/toyo tires. Caster/Camber plates BBK lowering springs. Car web page
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
He has put in more then 20 sets of cams/heads in 4.6's. He didn't have any problems putting them in stage II TEA heads same cams I sold mine to the guy. It reads on TEA site that you have to cut releifs for comp 270's with stage III heads. MAybe if he had of taken the advance out he would of had clearance but he never had any clearance to degree the cams. So I dont know I know you have built a lot of engine and have a lot of knowledge on engines. So maybe you could have got them to work.
What valve sizing does TEA use in their stage 3 heads?

I had a set of TEA ported heads years ago, (junk). These used ferrea back then. I wish you luck with those heads, hopefully you don't have any valveguides come apart
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
What valve sizing does TEA use in their stage 3 heads?

I had a set of TEA ported heads years ago, (junk). These used ferrea back then. I wish you luck with those heads, hopefully you don't have any valveguides come apart
Here are the spec's from their web site. Total Engine Airflow
CNC Port 4.6/5.4 to Stage 3Hot Tank and Disassembly Remove and Reinstall SeatsBlend Valve Job, New 1.525x.325x1.890 Hi-Chrome Valve Seats, Competition Multi-Angle Valve Job, Mill heads to Customer Specs, Flow Intake and Exhaust Ports, Heads Cleaned, Set Spring Pressure, Installed Height, and Coil Bind, 46.83mm/4.630 (117.5mm)/7mm Manley Intake Valves, 1.452 36.8mm Exhaust Valves, Competition Cams 4.6 2V SOHC Valve Springs, New Ford Viton Seals, New Bronze intake and exhaust guides, Requires flycut pistons

1998 GT Saleen replica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page