Front strut tower brace.. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Front strut tower brace..

Has anybody bought from here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...QQcmdZViewItem
I want to get brace.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to reivaxtorres Send a message via Yahoo to reivaxtorres
i have. bought my rear shock tower brace from them. came with all necessary hardware, good instructions, and fast shipping (took less than a work week).

i recomend them

RIP Gloria A. Torres
4/26/61 - 10/30/07
The best Mom-lady I could have ever asked for
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
JD3
4.6L Member

I have too. I got quite a few parts from them - they have great prices, fast shipping, and good customer service.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Cool!
Thanks
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007
Rookie
4.6L Member

I just got mine installed this past weekend and it was a little bit of a job. If you have all the parts and tools I'd say it would take 2 hours. I had to scour for bolts, nuts, and washers. I would recommend tapping the holes in the strut tower as this provides an easier way of installing the bolts without crawling into the fender each time you have to take the brace off. I didn't notice too much of a difference when I put the brace on, but I it does feel a little firmer when turning and the cars has stopped making creaking noises while traveling on the road.

2000 Mustang GT Convertible

Steeda Short throw shifter, Steeda UDP, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Mufflers
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedystang View Post
I just got mine installed this past weekend and it was a little bit of a job. If you have all the parts and tools I'd say it would take 2 hours. I had to scour for bolts, nuts, and washers. I would recommend tapping the holes in the strut tower as this provides an easier way of installing the bolts without crawling into the fender each time you have to take the brace off. I didn't notice too much of a difference when I put the brace on, but I it does feel a little firmer when turning and the cars has stopped making creaking noises while traveling on the road.
!it does feel a little firmer when turning and the cars has stopped making creaking noises while traveling on the road.

UUhh, That is gona cost me $160 + labor.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacuna View Post
UUhh, That is gona cost me $160 + labor.
do it yourself, just dont break the cowl and make sure you have the car flat before you outline the holes to drill. its a really easy task to do, dont know why i was so scared of it doing it myself.

EDIT: oh, and taking the hood off makes it a million times easier.

RIP Gloria A. Torres
4/26/61 - 10/30/07
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

How the hell do I tight the bolts next to the ccp
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacuna View Post
How the hell do I tight the bolts next to the ccp
next to the what????

do you mean the front ones, the ones that go into the firewall? if so, you have to remove the cowl and once you do, you will see 2 small openings. thread them in by hand as much as you can, then with an open end wrench (or those ratchet wrenches...i wish i had some of those) tighten it from the inside the firewall. use another wrench to hold the bolt from the engine side of the firewall.

the other 2 parts you have to hold the bolt with a wrench and use a socket ratchet from inside the fenderwell.

RIP Gloria A. Torres
4/26/61 - 10/30/07
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flakm
I bought a strut tower brace that came with no hardware locally. does anyone know what size the firewall bolts are and the strut tower? I found someone mentioning the strut tower ones were 8x1.25.

04 GT 40th Anniversary - BBK CAI, BBK Off Road X Pipe, Steeda MIL plugs, Flowmaster Mufflers w/2.25 Inch Pipes, Steeda G-Trac Bar, Ford Factory Strut Tower Brace, MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings, Steeda Rear Adjustable Sway Bar, and Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter w/Hurst Shifter Handle, GT500 Style Black Hood Pins, MACH 1 Style Chin Spoiler, RedLine Tuning Hood Struts

not sure on the sizes but i would like to remind you to not go to a hardware store to get your bolts. it is absolutely crucial that you get grade 8 hardware for damn near everything. go to napa or autozone. personally i love koi but of course thats kentucky ohio and indiana only.

grade 5 bolts will always let you down. they are for attaching wood to wood not for attaching steel under great stress to steel under great stress.

good luck
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flakm
Hardware

Well since the Brace was a stock piece, I decided to measure the holes and drill accordingly. I went to Home Depot and bought 6x grade 8 x 1.75 half inch bolts , flat washers, lock washers, and nuts. I also purchased 3x quarter inch x .75" self tapping bolts with flat washers and lock washers for the Firewall part.. Drilled Pilot holes and then drilled out the remaining 1/2" holes. Installed it.

What a difference that brace made. unbelievable.

04 GT 40th Anniversary - BBK CAI, BBK Off Road X Pipe, Steeda MIL plugs, Flowmaster Mufflers w/2.25 Inch Pipes, Steeda G-Trac Bar, Ford Factory Strut Tower Brace, MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings, Steeda Rear Adjustable Sway Bar, and Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter w/Hurst Shifter Handle, GT500 Style Black Hood Pins, MACH 1 Style Chin Spoiler, RedLine Tuning Hood Struts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page