S197 Seat swap - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post
Awesome! Looks good. That was quick dude...I was thinking an update wouldn't come for a few weeks.

I'm still convinced of getting racing seats eventually (my seats are freaking junk!!)...this is a good alternative if I can find a decent deal on them (I'm a cheap basturd when it comes to stuff like this).
It's not that hard at all really just time consuming because of the drilling and the wiring , I solder and shrink tube everything I spent maybe 2 hours per seat but that was because I was taking my time to do it right , but in a scale from 1 to 10 , I think it's about 3.5 . Yeah I was going to buy some cheap racing seats from ebay too , but I came across this deal I couldn't pass but if you can grab a pair of these do it you're never gonna regret it .

Last edited by Ritchygt; 08-17-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post
Awesome! Looks good. That was quick dude...I was thinking an update wouldn't come for a few weeks.

I'm still convinced of getting racing seats eventually (my seats are freaking junk!!)...this is a good alternative if I can find a decent deal on them (I'm a cheap basturd when it comes to stuff like this).
Jon I'm with ya.... Less expensive woulda been nicer. Would have happily gone with one of the lesser expensive Recaro's or maybe even some off-brand that gets decent reviews but the biggest problem is you can only find those in black or grey. Having this Parchment interior there's just no way that would work for me, it's gotta look like it belongs there.

Now if you need legit racing seats because you need racing seats then I guess that's another story... I don't get to go to the track like you do so I'm more interested in what's comfortable for street and shows well.

You should make this your next project though after you get the N2O install wrapped up. Get your wife a nice Christmas present so you can leverage some of that tax refund money next spring, lol.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchygt View Post
It's not that hard at all really just time consuming because of the drilling and the wiring , I solder and shrink tube everything I spent maybe 2 hours per seat but that was because I was taking my time to do it right , but in a scale from 1 to 10 , I think it's about 3.5 . Yeah I was going to buy some cheap racing seats from ebay too , but I came across this deal I couldn't pass but if you can grab a pair of these do it you're never gonna regret it .
Good to know. Seems simple enough and definitely worth the time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
Jon I'm with ya.... Less expensive woulda been nicer. Would have happily gone with one of the lesser expensive Recaro's or maybe even some off-brand that gets decent reviews but the biggest problem is you can only find those in black or grey. Having this Parchment interior there's just no way that would work for me, it's gotta look like it belongs there.

Now if you need legit racing seats because you need racing seats then I guess that's another story... I don't get to go to the track like you do so I'm more interested in what's comfortable for street and shows well.

You should make this your next project though after you get the N2O install wrapped up. Get your wife a nice Christmas present so you can leverage some of that tax refund money next spring, lol.
Seats are definitely up on the list for the future. Since I do go to track I have to get decent slicks/drag radials next. I have some rims laying around (or may pick up some used GT 17x8s to use) that I will put them on for the track.

Good point on the interior color. I have the same color as yours so yeah black racing seats will look a little funny but I have actually seen some pics of black racing seats in the tan interior it doesn't look half bad. The race track does sway me more to the racing seats. This setup is definitely worth the thought and research when the time comes.

My bonus this year will go to tires and the rest to other things. We are working on getting a house so I have a feeling big purchases on the stang are coming to end after the nitrous install lol...which is fine. We need a house with our growing family.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019

Apprentice

SoCal2V-- I always read your posts. How did the Parchment color of the SN95 match up to the Parchment of the 197?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

^ I posted a couple pics on the last page somewhere, it's almost perfect.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I have been without a computer for a few days. I will have to seriously consider this up grade.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

^ The S197 parchment color actually matches the rest of the interior (door panels, armrests etc) better than the SN95 parchment does. If you put the seats side by side the S197's are a shade or two lighter in color; I was kinda worried at first but once I got them in I couldn't be happier, and I'm pretty damn picky about what I put on or in my cars. With few exceptions I really try not to go overboard with aftermarket appearance items, I prefer a more "factory" at-a-glance sort of look.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe

Apprentice

Did the seat swap a couple years ago love them. easy swap big difference with the comfort.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

412 rwhp 417 tq, 1999 gt , stock 4.6 sohc, 2.1 kennel bell, upr rear control arms, strange 10 front and rear, borla s type, built diff, 3.73, stage 3 snow performance kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page