A Fond Farewell - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

A Fond Farewell

Well folks,

That's all she wrote. In 48 hours, I will be the owner of a new car, and it won't be a Mustang. I have found an unbelievable deal on a 2014 Fusion, and am trading in my current Stang to make it affordable. I know, I know, lots of you might call me crazy. But I'm at the point in my life where I am ready to move on from my Stang...but not from Stangs in general It's been real here on this forum, I appreciate everyone who helped me out or listened to me rant, etc. I will always be a Stang owner at heart. I will still try to log in from time to time, but I hope you all continue being the die-hards that you are. Cheers, and burn some rubber for me.

Andrew

NOW: 1994 Mustang GT convertible, Forest Green, 60k ORIGINAL MILES! Flowmaster Super 40s and a Spectre CAI Filter Only.

THEN: 2003 Mustang GT "Black Betty"- Daily driver
K&N CAI, Magnapacks, Rear cats deleted, and all the potential in the world

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
Rookie
V6 Member

Aww, that's so sad. I hope Black Betty has a good home where she will have her maintenance on schedule and repairs as needed.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Wish you the best of luck with the new ride.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrabear View Post
Aww, that's so sad. I hope Black Betty has a good home where she will have her maintenance on schedule and repairs as needed.
Another STL friend! good to see you on here.

Younglion, hopw to see you back here in the future in another New Edge. Congrats on the '14 Fusion...I have a feeling you will miss your Mustang more than you think. I still drive my Mustang even though I have another car I can drive...I love driving it!

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Good luck with wherever your Fusion takes you dude. At least you're staying in the Ford family; a friend of my wife recieved a friendly tounge in cheek reprimand from me on FB the other day after announcing that she was trading in her Mustang for a Honda Fit, citing something about entering into a period of "responsible adulthood" BS. I wished her well with her new appliance.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
PONY Member

There comes times in life where that kind of step is necessary Lion. Kudos to you for reaching that milestone.
As Jon said though, I think you will eventually miss it more than you realize. It will take some time. Probably not next year, but I'd say by 2017, spring time. When you start seeing all the muscle cars back out on the road and cleaned up, hearing the rumble of the exhaust. It will hit ya.

Been there done that, I went on about an 8 year hiatus without American V8 muscle until last year I finally could afford to add a 3rd car to the fleet.
I will honestly say, every spring I would always kinda be bummed the first couple weeks, just missing my old bird or vettes.

I wish you well on moving forward with your life, and just know that when you are ready, there will be another Mustang, Challenger, or what ever your flavor is than waiting for you. (just be sure to keep it domestic
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015
PONY Member

Hopefully you're getting an EcoBoost so you can tune it and make massive power. Eat the front tires off that thing.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Hey all,

Thanks for the well wishes! I am sure I will miss her in time, but right now is time for me to enjoy my Fusion! I did get the EcoBoost, the 2.0 (effectively reducing my cylinder number in half compared to the Stang, haha) and boy is she quick. So smooth, agile and fast. I love it already. Plans are certainly in the making for getting more out of the turbo, but for now, just gonna enjoy it stock SoCal, that was a necessary reprimand. Mustang for a Honda of any kind makes my stomach turn just thinking about it, haha. Thanks again guys and here's to the rides ahead!

Drew

NOW: 1994 Mustang GT convertible, Forest Green, 60k ORIGINAL MILES! Flowmaster Super 40s and a Spectre CAI Filter Only.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

So far I am loving my Fusion. It just absolutely glides on the road, and when I ask her to go, she GOES. Loving this little EcoBoost! Plans for mods include a CAI and some tuning, maybe an upgraded intercooler and some exterior goodies. Just an fyi, I have a good amount of leftover parts from the Stang that never got installed, including snow tires, subframe connectors, UCAs and LCAs, and a few more. Help a guy out and let your friends know if they need any of that stuff!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page