V6 vs. V8 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Also depends on where you live. I'm 28, no tickets or accidents. Payed 80/month in Colorado, but 160/month in Jersey

2012 Mustang v6
1969 Porsche 912
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Hmm, I'm 28
A fair amount of speeding tickets.
my 06 GT runs me $67 a month.

Another company I had prior, cost me $81 for my 03 GT.

I just shop around every 6 months.

1993 Mustang GT
UDPs, Smog/AC Delete, O/R H, Dumped Straight Pipes, 155lph Fuel Pump, Factory "CAI"

Mostly Restoration
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastStang14 View Post
Hmm, I'm 28
A fair amount of speeding tickets.
my 06 GT runs me $67 a month.

Another company I had prior, cost me $81 for my 03 GT.

I just shop around every 6 months.
Yea, New Jersey has a lot of uninsured drivers which makes us law abiding citizens compensate. It's also illegal to pump your own fuel in NJ, which really grinds my gears.

2012 Mustang v6
1969 Porsche 912

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Uninsured????
Come out here to west texas...
They don't require insurance in mexico...
And they are swarming through the streets here.

Then again, insurance is still cheap.

1993 Mustang GT
UDPs, Smog/AC Delete, O/R H, Dumped Straight Pipes, 155lph Fuel Pump, Factory "CAI"

Mostly Restoration
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lownslow View Post
Hey guys, I currently an 04 V6 mustang and am looking to upgrade to a V8, 99-04, some background: bought the car when I was 16 with 30xxx original miles bone stock clean title it's now at 50xxx with basic mods, full sound system upgrade, head unit speakers subs, intake full exhaust gt rear bumper, lowered, bullitt wheels 17x8 front x9 rear, and screaming yellow paint, my parents pay the insurance cause I need to focus on school, I pay for everything else, only reason I didn't get a gt is bc of the high insurance for 16yo, does anyone have an idea of how much extra im gonna be paying for a gt, im 17, no accidents no tickets good studendiscount and I want to upgrade to a gt, in a less loud color Ex. Grey white black with a 5 speed, im going to be paying the difference between the v8 and 6 insurance so I was wondering if this would be expensive or if it seems like a possible route for me? Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to cover all grounds, and wanted to get an idea before I called my insurance company. Thanks!
Only will take about 5 min to get a good estimate from current insurance agent. Call Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan Cheese View Post
When had my daily driver (A malibu) and switched to a Mustang my insurance only went up 2 dollars per month
I'm 25 years old with 4 points on my DL. I pay 83 a month
That is a great rate for age and number points. Is this liability only or full coverage? Holy crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonschoice View Post
I'm 18, only accident on record was running over a raccoon and it totaling out my cobalt before I got my mustang last year. Other than that clean record. No tickets or other accidents and paying 150$ monthly from state farm. BTW before I got my mustang for a year and a half I was paying 80$ for the cobalt ss with a clean record.
What? How did running over a raccoon total your car? I have heard a lot of far out there stories from friends when they totaled their car, but this one ranks up there with my current #1 "story" where a friend who says he "hit a couple phone books and flipped his car off the HWY into the woods..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
^ All it took to total a Cobalt was hitting a raccoon? I knew GM had some issues, but damn I didn't think it was that bad.
+1 Right that is what I am saying... Something is missing in that story. I hope! haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Rookie

Garage
I Just turned 21 a couple of months ago and, insurance rates (generally) stay about the same starting after you have been driving for one year, until 21 years old (they then drop slightly). Anyhow with most insurances you will be charged with a sports/performance car fee. On my particular insurance it is 35%. generally in the ballpark of 25-35%. It also depends on the way you set up your insurance policy. I would not want to give you an an exact estimate. because it can range widely in the way decide to insure your car. but expect around a 25% percent increase.

2003 Mustang GT Centennial Package. Upgrades- BBK Cold Air Intake, SR Short Throw shifter, Straight pipes. Upgrades soon to come- Bama Performance tuner, 3.73s
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Only will take about 5 min to get a good estimate from current insurance agent. Call Monday.

That is a great rate for age and number points. Is this liability only or full coverage? Holy crap!

What? How did running over a raccoon total your car? I have heard a lot of far out there stories from friends when they totaled their car, but this one ranks up there with my current #1 "story" where a friend who says he "hit a couple phone books and flipped his car off the HWY into the woods..."

+1 Right that is what I am saying... Something is missing in that story. I hope! haha
I'ts full coverage broski! Even after my points when my insurance renewed the payments never went up
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan Cheese View Post
I'ts full coverage broski! Even after my points when my insurance renewed the payments never went up
You got lucky as crap!! Did you have an attorney that maybe got the points taken care of? That is insane. haha Never heard of a insurance company missing something like that. ha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
You got lucky as crap!! Did you have an attorney that maybe got the points taken care of? That is insane. haha Never heard of a insurance company missing something like that. ha
Nah man I should've, They expire in Feb though. I actually got those points in a Malibu and not in my Mustang.. Go figure.. When I was looking for insurance I went through an insurance agency and they find you the cheapest rates. I have Erie insurance
Rookie

What up man i got a 2000 gt and i barely started driving a year ago and the less youve driven the more expensive your rates will be im 21 and i pay 100 a month with full coverage
Rookie

First things first, color does NOT matter. That is a myth, I've looked deep into this as I've wanted to upgrade to a GT for a long time but im broke lol. Actually, I believe the GT would be CHEAPER than the V6 because I have never seen a V6 with ABS or traction control, I know there is some but I havent seen it. As far as I know MOST GTs come with ABS and Traction Control. When I was requesting a quote for a 2006 GT, because it had those features there was almost a $100 discount. I'm 20 and for a 1999 V6 I pay $157. My first car was a 2004 V6 and I paid (if i remember correctly) ~ $165. After my only recorded accident, it went up to $180. This is all with just liability and a $500 deductible. Recently I got a quote for a 2006 GT and for full coverage, it would have been $100 more than what i pay right now, because of the abs traction control and good student discount.
P.S. the first one was silver and the second one was yellow
Rookie

V6 is comparatively better than V8

Advance Dental Center - http://advancedentalcenter.com/implants/
Rookie

You can find 99-04 gts pretty cheap. I just bought a very low mileage 02 for $6,800. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page