help on making my 2000 GT faster - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Urambo Tauro

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

help on making my 2000 GT faster

Hey gang, Im a newbie on here so hiya! Let me start off by saying ive had a 65, 89 5.0, 92 5.0, 91 5.0 all mustangs and now i just picked up a 2000 GT. Ive never did any mods to the other stangs but I really want to make this one fly. Its an automatic and this is what it has already that was previously installed. BBK shift kit, Full SLP exhaust, Throttle body, Steeda underdrive pulley, BBK trans cooler, 4:10 racing gears, tuned by bamer tuner. So it already moves..what do you think the next thing i can do? aside from NOS or a supercharger. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016
GT Member

Welcome!

The first thing I would do is add subframe connectors and focus on the suspension.

JonR2006 and phenomxxxx like this.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Higher stall speed torque converter. Have heard from many with auto's that this is basically required in order to make the rearend gears worthwhile.

Get a tuner.

Above suggestion on subframe connectors and in general suspension stuff is spot on. Lower control arms for the rear are a must, and if your car is still factory equipped for crossing small streams and other misc floodwaters then you may want to think about lowering it a little.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016
GT Member
S197 Member

When I had my 04 gt auto I had Catback, X pipe with cats, intake, steeda pulleys and a nitrous tune (pulls timing) went 13.9 in 90 degree weather. On the bottle 12.7 12.8.

With those mods in a manual it should be a little quicker depending on where you live.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to saleenmustang27
Sounds like a pretty good setup so far. +1 on the Subframe connectors, just had some Maximum Motorsports full length installed on mine and made the car more comfortable to drive as well as better at handling. +1 on the Lower Control arms as well. A panhard bar would also be a good investment for your rear end.

1998 GT- 5 speed. Crystal White. C&L CAI, 80mm MAF, TrickFlow 75mm throttle body, TrickFlow Upper intake plenum, Underdrive pullies, BBK catted X-pipe, 4.10 gears, limited slip diff with carbon fiber discs, moser 31 spline axles. MM FLSFCs, Screaming demon coil packs, Ford Racing 9mm wires, SR lowering springs, 95 cobra R rims, black, machined lip 18X9's in front, 18X10's in rear, Bullitt style pedals, SVE race seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page