2001 Ford Mustang GT v8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

2001 Ford Mustang GT v8

So I've been having a problem were sometimes when i start the car the ideal fluctuates from 500rpm to 1000rmp, and when I'm driving the cars ideal is 2000rpm when I'm at a stop and the car is in neutral.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
check for vacuum leaks mine did that so i replaced all my vacuum lines and it cleared right up

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016
PONY Member

I second vacuum leak. I did some work under the hood last year about this time and accidentally left one disconnected. Same issue's.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

It's not occurring anymore and car is running smoothly now what should I do
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I had this issue with my '08. It would do it and then quit and then do it again. I checked all my vacuum lines and then noticed that I had a crack in the intake tube for the top vacuum quick connect. Pulled out the factory quick connect fitting from hose, and slipped it on what was left of the tube and clamped with a hose clamp. Worked fine. I have since then changed the intake manifold out.

'08 GT; JLT-3 CAI; GMS 62mm TB; FRPP Hot Rod Cams; Headers; Excel super coils; Ford Racing intake; BAMA SCT4 programmer; Axle back Exhaust; off road X pipes; 4.10 Gears; TCI street fighter shifter; 275/40/18 rear tires; 1.5" wheel spacers in rear; Glow Shift Gauges in triple pillar pod; underdrive pulleys, 1.5" front end lowered; shift light; racing harnesses on both sides; tower brace; Ford Racing valve covers; JLT oil separator; adjustable panhard bar; Ported/polished heads, many more mods
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Any tips on finding the broken line?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
well i just replaced all of them the line was a couple bucks i got black flexible emission tubing

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page