Here is my input. Welcome. Congrats on the new car!
- Legitimate SCCA approved Roll bar - Sure. might be expensive if you need it installed/welded.
- Sparco, Momo, or Corbeu racing seats with five-point harnesses. - Expensive but good improvement over the sucky seats.
- Roll bar or floorpan mounted fire extinguisher. - Good call. Should be in all cars.
Handling / Suspension -
- One inch Eibach lowering springs (until I can afford coil overs, I'm assuming one inchers will perform nicely for a daily and on the track). - Might as well go lower if you are getting good dampers (Bilsteins) and CC plates.
- Bilstein or Steeda heavy duty shocks. - Bilsteins if you can afford them.
- Upper and lower strut tower braces - Not sure what a "lower" brace is but even an Upped is not necessary if you get Subframe Connectors.
- Drilled and/or slotted front and rear brake rotors. - Sure.
- Possibly Wilwood brake Calipers and Ceramic pads. - Expensive...maybe start with a Cobra front brake conversion with good pads and DOT 4 fluid.
- Watts rear end link kit - Expensive. Definitely cures the 4-link suckiness.
- FRPP A-arms complete with bushings and balljoints. - Are your's shot? The OEM ones are fine unless you go to a Tubular K-Member
- Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. - Anything MM is worth the price.
- SUBFRAMCE CONNECTORS should be the FIRST suspension mod you do, especially in a convertible.
- K&N High flow cold air intake kit. - Save your money.
- Some sort of chip / tuner ... not sure which to go with ... possibly BAMA? - Get a tuner. Any reputable Tuner will be fine depending on the mods.
- BBK or Hooker long tube headers. - Consider a PI heads/cam/intake swap first.
- High flow Flowmaster or Magnaflow catalytic converters. - See comment above
- Possibly a resonator delete with an offered X Pipe. - We do not have resonators...how can you have an off road x pipe if you want to put high flow cats on from your above comment?
- Ford Hot Rod Racing camshafts. - Never heard of this cam on a 2V (have heard of them on the 3V..05+ GTs). See my comment above on a PI H/C/I Swap.
- High performance Cobra fuel injectors. - Not needed for the mods you want.
- E3 Spark plugs. - NOT NEEDED. Stick with OEM Copper Core plugs.
- GT40 heads. - This only applies to the older 5.0 pushrod engine. We have an OHC 4.6L 2V. See my comment on the PI H/C/I Swap.
Seems like you a kind of al over the place. If you wanted all the things done on this car that you mention you'r talking A LOT of money.
Before you get ahead of yourself..give us some more info...
What is your budget? Can you do your own work? To get 310-350Who out of a 4.6L 2V will take a bit of money....
Where are TIRES on your list, especially for AX/SCCA? Tires are THE most important mod. Where is a Short Throw Shifter (MGW)?
I did not see any mods for the Rear Lower Control arms. Those are also a MUST.
Read through this thread in its entirety: http://mustangforums.com/forum/suspe...ion-guide.html