what do you set your alignment at - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
what do you set your alignment at

I was wondering what you all set your alignments at. Do you all just use ford spec or go for more performance. I have to get my alignment and was wondering if i should use ford spec or change it a bit. Anything you have to offer is appreciated thanks.

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016
GT Member

Garage
Whether or not this is what you finally set it to but this is how my moose is set. It is 4.5 positive caster and .5 positive camber. And toe set to ford spec. I kept the angles that wear tires with in spec and caster raised to help push the steering axis towards the rear of the car, increasing the caster. How ever, if you want it to drive straight, have your car compensate for the road crown, id set the drivers strut about .2-.4 less than the passenger side. So if you go 4.5 on passenger, then the lowest recommended is 4.1 if you dont then the road will just pull you to the right thats all. It will not affect it too much to have it at 4.5 both sides, thats what mine is at.

If i remember correctly you said your frame was bent right? If your taking it to be aligned and they use a hunter machine then tell them to verify the SAI(steering axis inclination) is correct. I believe mine was at 14 but i cannot recall. This just makes sure the frame is straight and there are no bent or damaged components. It would suck to get everything put together only to find out it cannot be aligned properly due to what ever caused damage to the one side of your vehicle. Good luck keep us posted.

19 GT PP1
65 GT A-Code Mustang 289
66 GT A-Code Mustang 289
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Mine is as follows:
Caster: +4.5ish (the struts are pushed as far back as they can go towards the firewall)
Camber: -.8 and -1.2 degrees
Toe: factory spec.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
thanks guys hopefully she comes in fine tho she did before we ripped her apart

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page